PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Genius sizing "S"

BarryG
08-20-2011, 12:57 PM
Can anyone help with a definite interpretation of the "45 S" marking on my Sidi Genius shoes? I need to know whether they're standard or narrow. It's several years, but I seem to remember the shoes being special ordered as narrow. Perhaps the "S" is the Italian "stretto"?

TIA

biker72
08-20-2011, 01:11 PM
I believe it's "S" for standard and "M" for mega...wider feet.

alancw3
08-20-2011, 01:12 PM
from sidi website:

HOW CAN I TELL WHAT SIZE OR CUT MY CURRENT SIDI SHOES ARE?
Every SIDI shoe (except the Triathlon models) from the 2002 model year forward is stamped with the size and last. (Mega, Narrow or Women’s shoe) The stamp is usually found on the tongue. For example, a Woman’s model in size 40.5 would be stamped 40 ½ W, with the “W” indicating that it is a Women’s model. (in older shoes this may be an L) If you had a Mega model, the stamp would be 40 ½ M, and if you had a Narrow model, the stamp would be 40 ½ S, with the “S” indicating that it is a SLIM model. Ignore the size on the sole, which is the closest whole size, meaning that a 42, a 42.5 women’s and a 42 mega would all have 42 stamped on the sole.

BarryG
08-22-2011, 08:58 AM
from sidi website:
Every SIDI shoe (except the Triathlon models) from the 2002 model year forward is stamped with the size and last. (Mega, Narrow or Women’s shoe)

Sounds good, but their Web site clearly indicates that the Sidi Genius 5 (men's) comes in Standard, Mega and Narrow. If "S" means Narrow, what might the designator be for Standard?

update: I got an email back from Sidi - "S" or "N" means narrow, no letter means standard :)