PDA

View Full Version : Revolights on kickstarter.com - anyone seen this?

Jangles13
08-20-2011, 05:52 AM
A friend sent me a link to the video, and I followed it to this website:
kickstarter.com (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/revolights/revolights-join-the-revolution?ref=live)

Pretty cool idea. Obviously there are a few design elements they need to work out for the final product but I think they're definitely on track.

I wonder if they have any wheel balancing issues? The battery life is a little short right now (4hrs) so hopefully they figure out how to charge them from motion.

Jangles13
08-21-2011, 09:47 AM
No one? It's not spam, though I can see now it looks like it.

The link goes to a video about a new light system for bikes. They've mounted LEDs to the front and rear wheels that are "smart" and time they're illumination so that it projects forward and aft.

NRRider
08-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Interesting, but (a) seems like a pain to install, especially if you like to use lights only during night riding so that you'd be removing/installing frequently, and (b) doesn't look like it projects the light very far to the front. Definitely skeptical here.

Charles M
08-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I think it's neat.

It wouldnt add weight to my rims to have it though... Maybe if I rode a commuter bike in the dark a lot... Even then I think there are better options than hitting your wheels with something.