PDA

View Full Version : Baltimore Grand Prix

rounder
08-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Just wondering, anyone going. They will be racing cars in downtown Baltimore over Labor Day weekend. They have done this in other cities around the country. The plan is to have the Le Mans cars racing on Saturday and the Indy cars racing on Sunday. The stupid dumb cars will be going 180+ around Baltimore harbor. You can find more information at the Baltimore Grand Prix website.

yashcha
08-19-2011, 05:06 AM
Really? They will have to navigate around the crack whores and drug dealers down there. Ahhh, I miss my days living in Baltimore!

laupsi
08-19-2011, 07:24 AM
hey, watch it, my beloved Balmer is my home! :)

avalonracing
08-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I was only the list to get the early release tickets but the day they became available I was in a bad mood and said "Screw it. I don't want to sit in one place and watch them zoom by I'll just ride down on my bike and watch it from a different vantage points." This was probably a bad decision.

yashcha
08-19-2011, 09:44 AM
hey, watch it, my beloved Balmer is my home! :)

The city that reads is my second home.

rounder
08-19-2011, 10:48 AM
I was only the list to get the early release tickets but the day they became available I was in a bad mood and said "Screw it. I don't want to sit in one place and watch them zoom by I'll just ride down on my bike and watch it from a different vantage points." This was probably a bad decision.

I bought the general admission tickets for walking around and think that those tickets are still available. I did not buy tickets for the stands because they were expensive and I did not want to sit in one place. Taking your bike to watch the race from outside might be a good way to go.

avalonracing
08-19-2011, 11:05 AM
Taking your bike to watch the race from outside might be a good way to go.

As long as it doesn't get stolen by a drug dealer and/or crack whore. ;)