PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!!! 20% off $75 coupon at NASHBAR.com!!!

biketime
07-09-2005, 01:35 PM
WOW!!!! 20% off $75 coupon at NASHBAR.com!!!

FINALLY!!! I had been waiting for this coupon. About time they came out with it. Thought I would share it.

I found the deal and coupon code at this link.. it has the details...

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5578

Happy savings!! :)

vandeda
07-09-2005, 02:29 PM
Act quick though ... the link I found said that it expires on Sunday (7/10).

Dan

BumbleBeeDave
07-09-2005, 06:29 PM
. . . knows their lackey is violating the forum user’s agreement?

BBDave

biketime
07-09-2005, 10:46 PM
Lackey? Chill dude.. just posting a deal. Don't like it.. don't use it. I am sure others like it. I know I did when I found it.

tuco
07-09-2005, 11:35 PM
. . . knows their lackey is violating the forum user’s agreement?

BBDave

From inside my Volvo wagon near Granola U., it occurs to me that perhaps a separate forum for 'hot deals' might make sense. I am looking forward to the 20% off $7500 coupon on a built-up Serotta. Hate to miss it, y'know.

:beer:

Dekonick
07-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I just used the 20% off of performance coupon code 6001229 from that site and it worked. Am now the owner of a brand new set of wonderful Campy Record Brifters! Now I just need to get a rear derailleur and 10sp casette...oh and chain....

It never ends!

LOL

I was glad to get a cycling related coupon - esp a 20% code

biketime
07-10-2005, 12:37 AM
I just used the 20% off of performance coupon code 6001229 from that site and it worked. Am now the owner of a brand new set of wonderful Campy Record Brifters! Now I just need to get a rear derailleur and 10sp casette...oh and chain....

It never ends!

LOL

I was glad to get a cycling related coupon - esp a 20% code

Sweet! And no.. it never ends.. which is why it is cool to save some money whenever we can. I personally like to be able to buy my gear and still feed my family :)

BumbleBeeDave
07-10-2005, 05:14 PM
. . . It is with the way it is being pitched to us.

<<Chill dude.. just posting a deal. Don't like it.. don't use it.>>

Of COURSE if I don’t want to like it I don’t have to! I like a good deal as much as the next guy. Sheesh.

My objection is to this transparently sneaky way for someone to get around the forum user agreement, which forbids commercial explotation of the forum. I find it insulting.

The rule is there for a GOOD reason--to keep the discussion from generating into a series of nothing more than commercial pitches. If this thread had been posted by dbrk, BigMac, Sandy, etc., then I would have no problem with it. I know who they are and that they have no commercial relationship with Nashbar. Nor would I have any problem with it if there WERE a “hot deals” section for stuff like this. I think that’s a great idea. Or simply allow things like this in the “classifieds” portion of the forum as long as it’s with notation they are from a bike store or mail-order dealer.

But the way in which this “great deal” has been posted, as well as previous history of postings like this, gives me a disturbing suspicion that Mr. “Biketime”--or whatever he’s going by this week--is the same guy simply signing up multiple times to make commercial pitches. Previous threads like this all seem to be for Nashbar or Performance coupons and are by new members with no previous posts. This guy might even be an employee of Nashbar/Performance, which are owned by the same company, last time I heard anything about it.

Mr. “Biketime,” if you want to to post an ad, post an ad. I won’t ding you for that. I might even buy something with the coupon. But pitching it like this is against forum rules for a good reason. If nobody complains about this, then you will see more of them--and more, and more . . .

BBDave

jel
07-10-2005, 08:38 PM
He signed up as a woman on another site- lucky me, I'm an admin and deleted the posts.

biketime
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I don't work for nashbar or performance bike. And goody for you jel.. but I didn't sign up anywhere as a woman.. thanks for playing though. Yeah I can see how posting a coupon would be offensive (*oozing sarcasm) but you know what.. it is only the people who want to whine who post. The majority who use it don't say a thing. Whatever....

BumbleBeeDave
07-10-2005, 09:42 PM
Are you and “bikingdude” separated at birth? You both seem to have never posted anything here except tips about “great deals”--or should I say “GREAT DEALS!!!!!!!!!!” at Nashbar, through “whatsyourdeal.com.” What a co-inkadink! And you say you have been “waiting for this coupon.” Why? What led you to believe they might have a 20% off coupon? Forgive me for being soooo sarcastic and soooo suspicious, but I just gotta wonder about sombody who sits there just breathlessly checking “whatsyourdeal” over and over and OVER again just WAITING for the Nashbar coupon . . . and who is just soooo excited about it that he immediately signs up for the Serotta forum to tell us all about it.

As a previous poster opined, “Puh-LEEEZE!”

BBDave

eddief
07-10-2005, 09:52 PM
I was looking for a Cycleops Fluid 2 trainer. Even after being on sale at Performance and then using the 20% off coupon, I can still get a better price at Licktons.

William
07-11-2005, 04:57 AM
WOW!!!! 20% off $75 coupon for CHIA-BIKE!!!

FINALLY!!! I had been waiting for this coupon. About time they came out with it. Thought I would share it.

www.selflesspromotionslackey.gouge Happy savings!!

Hey folks, I'm not the new local distributor for Chia-bike. Now you too can grow a replica of your favorite Credit Agricole rider right in your own home. I know you've all been waiting for that 20% discount...ahem, and so have I......and here it is....just go to www.selflesspromotionslackey.gouge today!!!

Disclaimer:
That's about it. If you buy Chia-bike and sign below you guys agree not to sue us guys, you guys agree to use the product like you're supposed to, and you guys understand and agree that the product has no warranties, expressed or implied. If you don't sign below, we guys aren't going to sell it to you guys. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be.

I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND AGREE WITH ALL OF IT, ESPECIALLY THE NAMBY-PAMBY PART.

:rolleyes:

bostondrunk
07-11-2005, 06:38 AM
. . . It is with the way it is being pitched to us.

My objection is to this transparently sneaky way for someone to get around the forum user agreement, which forbids commercial explotation of the forum. I find it insulting.

If this thread had been posted by dbrk, BigMac, Sandy, etc., then I would have no problem with it. I know who they are and that they have no commercial relationship with Nashbar.
BBDave

OK, thats just pathetic. So its OK for -some- of the people to break forum rules, but not others? What about people talking about certain custom frame builders here, one of which is an active member here, isn't that a no no??

AND IF ANYONE HERE DOES IN FACT WORK FOR NASHBAR, PERFORMANCE, EXCEL OR COLORADO CYCLIST, please continue to post 20% off coupon codes!!

Not all of us are wealthy enough to afford pretty striped handlebar tape at full price.......idiot.

scrooge
07-11-2005, 06:46 AM

Hey folks, I'm not the new local distributor for Chia-bike. Now you too can grow a replica of your favorite Credit Agricole rider right in your own home. I know you've all been waiting for that 20% discount...ahem, and so have I......and here it is....just go to www.selflesspromotionslackey.gouge today!!!

Disclaimer:
That's about it. If you buy Chia-bike and sign below you guys agree not to sue us guys, you guys agree to use the product like you're supposed to, and you guys understand and agree that the product has no warranties, expressed or implied. If you don't sign below, we guys aren't going to sell it to you guys. Sorry, but that's the way it has to be.

I HAVE READ THE ABOVE AND AGREE WITH ALL OF IT, ESPECIALLY THE NAMBY-PAMBY PART.

William...I have been waiting! Only I can't get your link to work. Could you repost it? :rolleyes:

William
07-11-2005, 06:46 AM
AND IF ANYONE HERE DOES IN FACT WORK FOR NASHBAR, PERFORMANCE, EXCEL OR COLORADO CYCLIST.......idiot.

I thought about it once, but I'm an idiot. :crap:

Like I said earlier, just post them in the classifieds. If they get pulled, they get pulled. If they don't, then...someone will use them.

Simple as dat. :p

William

William
07-11-2005, 06:48 AM
William...I have been waiting! Only I can't get your link to work. Could you repost it? :rolleyes:

Sorry, coupon expired. I'll be....I mean I'll let you now when I find another one. ;)

Chia-William :)

bostondrunk
07-11-2005, 06:52 AM
I thought about it once, but I'm an idiot. :crap:

Like I said earlier, just post them in the classifieds. If they get pulled, they get pulled. If they don't, then...someone will use them.

Simple as dat. :p

William

that wasn't a shot at you, big guy! just the bumbletard..

Kevin
07-11-2005, 07:28 AM
Does anyone have a good handlebar to suggest?

Kevin

bostondrunk
07-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Does anyone have a good handlebar to suggest?

Kevin

Stop breaking forum rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Serotta doesn't make a handlebar. Take your rule breaking somewhere else!!!

Spinsistah
07-11-2005, 08:57 AM

Disclaimer:

ROTFLMAO! William, you are clever.

scrooge
07-11-2005, 09:34 AM
I must have agreed to them at some point, but where are the forum rules posted anyway?

Big Dan
07-11-2005, 09:38 AM
What's the big deal anyways??? I normally look for them at RBR....
Maybe those old Vitus frames at 299 are eating into Ottrott sales........... :eek:

dirtdigger88
07-11-2005, 09:40 AM
What's the big deal anyways???

exactly!!!!! i see nothing wrong with posting coupons- if Serotta has a problem then they will pull the post- James is a good sherrif- he doesnt need our help- :no:

Jason

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2005, 01:28 PM
. . . which I will continue to do, just as you are free to disagree with it and express your own opinions.

William has it, though . . . post it HONESTLY in the classified section and if it gets pulled or not, that's life. But I tend to get p*ssy when somebody lies through their teeth to me and obviously thinks I'm too dumb to figure out they're doing it. That's what this guy has done--there's no way in h*ll he's just a fellow cycling enthusiast. I'm betting he's either a Nashbar employee or an employee of the coupon web site.

As for James being a good sheriff--of course he is. But you are off base if you think he reads every message in every thread that goes up on this board. He is Serotta's business manager and has hugely more important things to do than read every post to see if somebody says "pen*s" of "d*ck" in one of their messages. He does indeed need our help to keep the place from degenerating.

Go ahead and post a coupon. They are indeed useful. But don't insult my intelligence by trying to pitch it to me with a clumsy lie.

Bumbletard

biketime
07-11-2005, 02:12 PM
As I have said before, I don't work for either. Sorry Sherlock.

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2005, 02:20 PM
. . . BUMBLETARD! :rolleyes: ;) :banana:

BBDave

ClutchCargo
07-11-2005, 02:31 PM
you are what you wear? :D

just remember, when you come out with your line of black-and-yellow tights, post in "Classified" !

. . . BUMBLETARD! :rolleyes: ;) :banana:

BBDave

kestrel
07-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Simple solution, put biketime on your buddy list and watch his posting pattern, the truth will surface in a month or so, then we can all come back here with "I told you so's!".

jel
07-11-2005, 09:27 PM
I don't work for nashbar or performance bike. And goody for you jel.. but I didn't sign up anywhere as a woman.. thanks for playing though. Yeah I can see how posting a coupon would be offensive (*oozing sarcasm) but you know what.. it is only the people who want to whine who post. The majority who use it don't say a thing. Whatever....

How curious, the posts I deleted were identical to yours, word for word, it's a miracle.

BumbleBeeDave
07-11-2005, 09:32 PM
. . . if this could somehow be attributed to the intervention of John Paul II, would this help qualify him for sainthood?

Please tell me the name of your bulletin board so I can notify your members of the GREAT DEALS!!! available on my new, black-and-yellow “Bumbletard” brand cycling tights! I would also like to let my brother, former Nigerian Petroleum Export Minister Abukaboo Loadash*t, know about your bulletin board so he can notify your members how they can make 3.2 million $US by helping him to export Nigerian bicycles . . . :rolleyes: :beer:

BBDave, aka “Bumbletard Tycoon”

Big Dan
07-11-2005, 09:42 PM
Hey Pop Tart...er Bumbletard...how about letting the thread go???...
You guys keep bumping it up........ :crap:

Dekonick
07-11-2005, 09:43 PM
I happen to like the 20% coupon codes. I agree they should probably go in the classified section - but its nice to be able to get parts for a little less cheddar -

Will someone who works for Campy post a 50% rebate?!? :p

William
07-12-2005, 04:58 AM
You're coming daaaaangerously close to infringing on my line of "Blueman-O-tards" TM.
http://www.spandexwear.com/buffet/buf096-2.jpg

Cease & desist, you're pissing off my designers...
http://www.theunionleader.com/doclib/photos/2005/march/330newboxing.jpg

William :rolleyes:

Brewal
07-12-2005, 05:21 AM
Just bought a new helmet (due to a crash) & other stuff & saved 20% at performance

Kevin
07-12-2005, 05:26 AM
I am still trying to get some ideas for a new set of handlebars.

Kevin

sspielman
07-12-2005, 06:21 AM
:D WOW!!! Our local Safeway has lettuce on sale!!! Two heads for $1!!! :D

BumbleBeeDave
07-12-2005, 06:50 AM
Just go riding once wearing William’s hot new "Blueman-O-tards" TM and you will never need handlebars again! :D

Big Dan . . . There are currently 7,202 other active threads in the forum. Pick one! ;)

BBDave

biketime
07-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Just go riding once wearing William’s hot new "Blueman-O-tards" TM and you will never need handlebars again! :D

Big Dan . . . There are currently 7,202 other active threads in the forum. Pick one! ;)

BBDave

Solid advice... you ever consider it?

Kevan
07-12-2005, 08:31 AM
Quackin?

Big Dan
07-12-2005, 09:24 AM

BBDave

Why don't you follow your own advice pop????

:crap:

BumbleBeeDave
07-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Gee, I wonder if I could wear my Depends® under my Bumbletards®? :rolleyes:

Geezer Bumbletard

csb
07-12-2005, 11:42 AM

Geezer Bumbletard

sure, just size up!

Kevin
07-12-2005, 05:14 PM

BBDave

Dave,

The real reason I missed the Open House was that my Blueman-O-Tards were in the wash. I promise to have them dry-cleaned for next year. If I wear them next year will you buy the drinks?

Kevin

William
07-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Dave,

The real reason I missed the Open House was that my Blueman-O-Tards were in the wash. I promise to have them dry-cleaned for next year. If I wear them next year will you buy the drinks?

Kevin

Hand wash only in luke warm water with Tidee-Bowl.
Wool Blueman-O-Tards Tm now available. Act quickly. Sandy's snatching them up fast. ;)

Kevin
07-12-2005, 08:20 PM
Hand wash only in luke warm water with Tidee-Bowl.
Wool Blueman-O-Tards Tm now available. Act quickly. Sandy's snatching them up fast. ;)

I'll take two. :beer:

Kevin

csb
07-12-2005, 09:15 PM

Geezer Bumbletard

at fit school, they taught us to lower the saddle
on the bikes of depends wearing disciples. you may want
to take note. also, saddles with cut-outs could prove
problematic.

H.Frank Beshear