PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Tour

Ahneida Ride
07-09-2005, 10:22 AM
Seems like Serotta is no longer advertizing it's Rapid Tour geometry.

What a shame. Serotta can make a fine recreational/touring frame !

Come on Ben, long live the Rapid Tour.

Sandy
07-09-2005, 10:25 AM
Rapid Tourist is still here, and that is even better. She is the :cool: est!!

Not so :cool: ,

Sandy

Smiley
07-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Don't fret RideMan , those of us in the KNOW , sell Serotta's with the Rapid Tour geometry . Its really a great deal to own a bike that can take some loading with panniers and racks . Plus the added benefit is larger tires , at least in the rear .

Serotta PETE
07-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Rapid Tour geo is still available,,,,,going to get one upon my retirement. NO I do not know when that will be but SPOKES probably does, :banana:

Rapid Tourist
07-10-2005, 06:20 PM
My bike is testimony that Serotta can still make a b_tt kickin' Rapid Tour. I was all fired up to receive a brankd new Rapid Tour last summer, and truth be told I was a little disappointed when my bike came in with "concours" written on the top tube. At heart my bike is really a Rapid Tour poorly disguised as a Concours. :cool: The rear rack gives it away.

Smiley
07-10-2005, 06:21 PM
RideMan , got the last of the decals , RT . Blame it on him and Pete :banana:

Sandy
07-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Seems sort of silly to me for Serotta to put the Concours decal on Rapid T's bike. Did they tell her about it? She might have preferred no decals at all.

Sandy

Smiley
07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Its a Conspriacy to keep the Rapid Tour Logo off the frame :) In reality , you can have any bike built as a Rapid Tour full on or partially , nothing really special about an RT except the Longer stays , pannier mounts and wider rear tire spacing . No Biggie . And also a rear fender mount .

Ahneida Ride
07-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Got the mounts ... but forgot the Fender support !

Ozz
07-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Check out the "Model Comparison"...it shows what each model can be designed for (cyclocross, touring, time trial, track, & road).

I think they just don't call it "Rapid Tour" anymore....

palincss
07-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Its a Conspriacy to keep the Rapid Tour Logo off the frame :) In reality , you can have any bike built as a Rapid Tour full on or partially , nothing really special about an RT except the Longer stays , pannier mounts and wider rear tire spacing . No Biggie . And also a rear fender mount .

And what happened to the fender clearance and the cantilever brakes?

Ozz
07-11-2005, 12:02 PM
And what happened to the fender clearance and the cantilever brakes?
I'm sure you just have to ask for them.... :beer: