PDA

View Full Version : Difference between eurus/zonda and neutron/Neutron ultra?

bikerboy337
08-16-2011, 12:43 PM
What are the ride quality differences between these sets of wheels. I have a set of Zondas that I love and am thinking of picking up another set of campy wheels. I've seen some comparisons between eurus and zonda, so I'm set there, but how do those wheels compare with the neutrons?

I know the Zonda/Eurus are a little more aero with deeper, mid-section rims. The neutron seems to have nicer hubs...

any thoughts on the ride qualities of these?

Thanks!

thwart
08-16-2011, 06:07 PM
Between those wheels, you're getting a very similar hub---like an equivalent to either Record or Chorus, with the main difference being the lubrication ring. The Neutron Ultra has a carbon hubshell, so you save some grams.

I've owned/ridden the Neutron Ultras and the Nucleon, which was the predecessor to the Neutron, as well as the last generation Eurus (ones with stainless steel spokes). Very similar feel overall, the Eurus catches sidewinds more than the lower profile rims, and rides a touch firmer.

Can't go wrong with any of these.

Well, they are all a b*tch to mount new tires on... :D

rounder
08-16-2011, 09:43 PM
I have been riding neutrons for the last 5 years and like them. I bought a set of neutron ultras recently and like them alot. So far, there is no difference in ride, but the ultras are prettier. Have about 10,000 miles on the neutron regulars. Hope the new wheels last as long. Between the two, they seem the same to me. They both look good when then spin, there are no thoughts about whether they are clunky or brittle. For me, both the regular and ultra sets of neutrons are good.

pherms
08-17-2011, 01:46 PM
you could ask hockeybike about this. He recently sold some Zondas (that he rode for a while) and also has Neutrons.