PDA

View Full Version : Legend Ti on German eBay

MadeinGermany
08-14-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm thinking of bidding on this frame. Bidding closes in four hours. Anyone willing to take a guess how old this frame may be? I have contacted the seller, but no response yet.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Serotta-Legend-Titan-Rahmen-no-Merlin-Moots-Ibis-/200637300946?pt=Sport_Radsport_Fahrradteile&hash=item2eb6ea40d2

Thanks.

slinkywizard
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
The 3D dropouts, 1-1/8th headtube F2 fork and style of toptube decal would make it 2000-ish...maybe '02-'03...I guess...in any case, apart from the fork, a current legend would be built to pretty much the same specifications if you choose an all titanium rear end.

hope that helps...

MadeinGermany
08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
At the current exchange rate, this comes to about $1,500 for the frame and fork. I guess this is at the high end for an early 2000 frame.

Thanks a lot for your quick input. I have a few more hours to think about a bid.

Gothard
08-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure I understand why it is at he high end of pricing. With a new Fork, it would be about equal to a new Legend.
My Coors Light replica of about 1994 with a new fork rides as well as my 2001 Yellow Legend.

slinkywizard
08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Sure, given the current soft market for used ti (and any other material now I think of it), the mentioned frame would probably not fetch that price on the forum or american ebay.
However, 1200-1400 Euro is an excellent price for a used legend on the european market europe imho, considering a custom Legend SE would cost you close to 5000 euro's currently... :eek: if you are based in europe, shipping will not hurt too much and you will pay neither VAT or import duties. Having a frame shipped from the US to europe can easily add a 30% to the paid price just by the cost of shipping and additonal taxes...

Ken Robb
08-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I can't read German so I don't know if this a stock Legend which I owned and think would be wonderful for most riders or a custom that might be too far from the norm for most people. Sometimes we can get build info from Serotta if we have the serial # of the frame.

fogrider
08-14-2011, 08:54 PM
I can't read German so I don't know if this a stock Legend which I owned and think would be wonderful for most riders or a custom that might be too far from the norm for most people. Sometimes we can get build info from Serotta if we have the serial # of the frame.
with google set as your search engine, the top of the page said that the page was in german and asked if I wanted it translated...I said YES and POP, english! just like that! you gotta love google! and at that price, I may consider selling my Legend Ti.

slinkywizard
08-15-2011, 02:31 AM
at that price, I may consider selling my Legend Ti.
thinking the same here...

Germany_chris
08-15-2011, 05:03 PM
thinking the same here...

Ich auch..

The I can order a new one :beer: