PDA

View Full Version : No No Not Again (ot)

Bruce H.
07-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I again pray for all the Floridians as a new season seems to be bringing a new storm. Just heard about the mandatory evac of the Keys.
good luck. maybe it will drift westward
Bruce H

Big Dan
07-07-2005, 06:07 PM
Bruce, the weekend is going to suck over here......
Right now is hot and windy...... :eek:

rePhil
07-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Life would have dealt me a different hand, other than the one that found me chasing my girlfriend ( now wife) to SW Fl for a bit more than thirty years ago. But then I wouldn't have the wonderful wife, sons, and two grandchildren. Because of Florida I landed the best job this guy could ever have wished for ...until early retirement. Yippee, more time to ride.
But saying that, hurricanes suck! Last year was horrible. There are still people without homes. Some of the hardest hit folks live 50 miles or so inland. They are regular people still trying to put their lives back together.
People are moving here at an unbelievable rate paying outragious prices for their mega homes. Most don't know what they are in for.
Plus being here was the reason I started cycling and cycling is year round. But I miss the roads to nowhere and hills, there just aren't any.
On a more cycling related note Arnie Nashbar built himself a nice little shack nearby....right on the water.