PDA

View Full Version : Sports Garage, Boulder, CO

97CSI
07-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Just got back from a nice time riding in and around the Boulder area and thought I'd offer some kudos to the "Sports Garage" for their good service. Had a need for a bit of adjustment prior to riding in the those hills and they took great care of me and my CdA. $5 for the work and they tossed in a Gatorade. Will definitely take any work I can their way when I'm out there each summer. BTC '06, here I come. :D

Big Dan
07-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Adjustments for 5 bucks cheap????

Amazing...........

Buy some tools man........... :D

dave thompson
07-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Adjustments for 5 bucks cheap????

Amazing...........

Buy some tools man........... :D
It appears that he's away from home (New Jersey) and visiting Colorado. $5 for instant service and adjustments is real cheap. Good on the Sports Garage!

Fixed
07-06-2005, 07:17 PM
I bet they enjoyed seeing his serotta.Cheers

Big Dan
07-06-2005, 07:49 PM
It appears that he's away from home (New Jersey) and visiting Colorado. $5 for instant service and adjustments is real cheap. Good on the Sports Garage!

Dave, you can pay whatever you want to pay.......
I take some allen wrenches , pliers and a screwdriver and drink the 5 bucks...

:beer:

97CSI
07-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Dave, you can pay whatever you want to pay.......
I take some allen wrenches , pliers and a screwdriver and drink the 5 bucks...
:beer:I have a complete set of tools and do take them in the car. But, I don't generally carry them on the bike. Especially when riding uphill. See you in the mountains (with all your tools). :D

Big Dan
07-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I have a complete set of tools and do take them in the car. But, I don't generally carry them on the bike. Especially when riding uphill. See you in the mountains (with all your tools). :D

Actually I do carry a small useful tool along with my spare tire and CO2...
so while you are looking for a bike shop to "adjust" your bikie , I already left you in the dust...... :D

97CSI
07-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Actually I do carry a small useful tool along with my spare tire and CO2...so while you are looking for a bike shop to "adjust" your bikie , I already left you in the dust...... :DDo also carry the needed multitool, but it wasn't good enough. And, didn't have to look for a bike shop as I know my way around Boulder. Also, tend not to ride 'dusty' roads on my road bike. :D But, am wondering where you get your 'climbing legs' in FL? Doesn't going back and forth over the causeways get boring? I simply drop over to PA or 50 miles north to get hills here in NJ. Where do you go in FL so that you are able to leave folks in your dust? BTW, did manage to hit 50 mph on the downhill on Mt. Evans (riding companion hit 59.6, but he has a deathwish). What a trip on roads that weren't the smoothest. And, the CdA was dead-solid at these speeds and carving the corners.

Big Dan
07-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Do also carry the needed multitool, but it wasn't good enough. And, didn't have to look for a bike shop as I know my way around Boulder. Also, tend not to ride 'dusty' roads on my road bike. :D But, am wondering where you get your 'climbing legs' in FL? Doesn't going back and forth over the causeways get boring? I simply drop over to PA or 50 miles north to get hills here in NJ. Where do you go in FL so that you are able to leave folks in your dust? BTW, did manage to hit 50 mph on the downhill on Mt. Evans (riding companion hit 59.6, but he has a deathwish). What a trip on roads that weren't the smoothest. And, the CdA was dead-solid at these speeds and carving the corners.

Gp you are the man....59 miles per hour..is that possible????? :confused:
You said it all , you own a CDA.....

97CSI
07-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Gp you are the man....59 miles per hour..is that possible????? :confused: You said it all , you own a CDA.....I hit 49+ (fast enough for me). My riding companion is a former crit/GC rider and is either fearless or nuts (both, actually :D ) and is the one who did 59+. I never try to keep up with him. Last year he stopped to take a pee break on a downhill and caught up by drafting a 30' travel-trailer downhill at ~55mph for about five miles. Like I said......he is a man with a different attitude about going fast.

97CSI
07-08-2005, 06:46 PM
Just got this pic of my 59+ mph friend about a mile below the summit on Mt. Evans. He has just passed the car he is front of. As you can see, he is one complete switchback in front of me all ready in ~1 mile. Gotta love carving those turns.

PhsychoCyclist
07-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the heads up on Sports Garage. Even though I am a competent mechanic who can and does all my own work and carry tools when I travel, I still like to drop in the LBS's. I'll probably never be in Boulder though, got an ex who lives there, states just too small...

gdw
07-08-2005, 07:15 PM
Did you guys notice any mountain goats on the side of the road as you were climbing or descending? There are quite a few of them on Mt Evans and they tend to wonder into the traffic from time to time but are pretty easy to avoid if you're going the speed limit. :banana:

aLexis
07-08-2005, 07:17 PM
nm

97CSI
07-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Did you guys notice any mountain goats on the side of the road as you were climbing or descending? There are quite a few of them on Mt Evans and they tend to wonder into the traffic from time to time but are pretty easy to avoid if you're going the speed limit. :banana:Do you mean these guys (and gals too, I assume)? Was quite surprised they were so tame. They wouldn't come up to you, but they weren't afraid, either. The Park Service seems to keep a ranger at the top now with aim to do more with the building that blew-up seveal years ago, etc. We only rode up from Summit Lake due to time constraints, but my friend is doing the the Citizen's Hill Climb on 7/23 which starts in Idaho Springs and goes all the way up. Will be a tough 28 miles.

Big Dan
07-08-2005, 09:03 PM
Heck yeah, that's possible. I would guess that many on this board, myself included have passed the 60mph mark on a bike. Of course, I do own a CDA ;) .

Sorry guys..I guess I wasn't sarcastic enough............ :p

I'll try harder next time, maybe drop some dancing bananas.... :banana: :banana:

gdw
07-08-2005, 10:28 PM
That looks like the usual suspects but I've never seen them at the top before. They usually are farther down the mountain on or in the road mugging for the cameras.

97CSI
07-23-2005, 03:39 PM
Just heard from my CO riding buddy who did the Mt. Evans Climb today. Scott Moninger did in 1:58 and a few seconds. That's 14+mph for 28+ miles of climbing. Rain started just after noon, so friend Don made it to about 1/2 mile below summit Lake, 6.8 miles from the top when the lightening started. He tells me his ride down was much slower than we did as the road was wet. Definitely some corners one would not want to go off of. Congrats to Moninger! Anyone recall what the record set by Danielson a year or two ago is?

weisan
07-23-2005, 04:05 PM
1:41:10
Tom on his 2004 Mt. Evans Hill Climb Record win (http://www.tomdanielson.com/pages/hillclimbs.htm)

NicaDog
07-23-2005, 04:19 PM
GP,
Glad you had a good experience at Sports Garage. They have become my shop of choice, and here in Boulder there is lots of choices.
Mostly not because they are good mechanics and friendly, but because they treat Ms. Nicadog well.

She's just getting into cycling, though sidelined right now, but she went there for a fitting awhile ago. They really spent time with her, and talked with her in a way that she could understand. She'll never be a gearhead, but really came away with an understanding of why they did what they did, and how it may help her. That to me is the sign of a great shop!

If you every get back here to Boulder and need a riding partner, drop me a line.

Cheers.

Serotta PETE
07-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Just got this pic of my 59+ mph friend about a mile below the summit on Mt. Evans. He has just passed the car he is front of. As you can see, he is one complete switchback in front of me all ready in ~1 mile. Gotta love carving those turns.

WHAT A GREAT PICTURE>>>>>>>>>>>THANKS Pete

97CSI
07-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Weisan - Thanks for the link. I'll have to check about the other top climbers who were there. Don was on the climb when Moninger passed him and said he knew he was passed by a pro, without a doubt. We'll make from the bottom to the top next year. :banana:

NicaDog - Yes, the Sports Garage does it right. Good to have such good representation of Serotta. Will give you a shout next year. Don lives on a hill-top just past the end of Jay Rd. and we plan on doing the BTC '06 (will be my third one).