PDA

View Full Version : Big Changes At Serotta-First Paraic now Mavis, Catlike, Etxeondo

dekindy
08-08-2011, 08:02 AM
I knew that Paraic had left but was unaware until today that Stan and Bonnie Mavis were leaving and that Serotta was not going to represent Catlike and Etxeondo anymore. Did I miss the announcement?

My first clue was when I looked for the Etxeondo logo at the Serotta store this morning and it was not there. I just got through telling my LBS(a Serotta dealer) mechanic that Serotta was the U.S.A. distributor for Etxeondo after he extolled the virtues of the brand. He was not aware of the Serotta connection. Then I saw this:http://serotta.com/Catlike/

I noticed the Catlike inventory at my LBS seemed to be uncharacteristically low for the middle of the riding season and now maybe understand why?

CNY rider
08-08-2011, 08:05 AM
Wow.
I was wondering why the whole Exte/Serotta link up never seemed to take off.
We just bought a ton of kit with Owners Club designs, and it seemed like they could have sold a bunch of Serotta logo'd Exte gear had they got the partnership working.

Pete Serotta
08-08-2011, 08:36 AM
Catlike and the spanish clothing have had numerous importers over the years.....

It is not a business that always generates what one expects.

I do wish that the soft goods were more of a main stream in Serotta but they have not been. :crap:

PETE

1centaur
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Somebody in the softgoods business needs to offer a turnkey solution to Serotta, which I believe has demonstrated it does not want to be in that business more than peripherally. If an owner's jersey was offered at a good price within 30 days of sale of a frame, I think enough units could be moved to make the turnkey effort worth it for an operation with web fulfillment already in place. Jackets, vests, T-shirts, caps and bottles could fill out the line-up.

Reading that Santini profile in Velo I was impressed by how focus and initiative could create success in that business.