PDA

View Full Version : Lance interview

davep
07-06-2005, 03:33 PM
For those who didn't see the Lance interview in Playboy a month or two ago, it is now online - http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainment/features/lancearmstrong/03.html.

Somewhat interesting, if not a whole lot new. Among other things, he says about Eddy - " It's also fair to say he was the greatest of all time, not me."

Ray
07-06-2005, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the link. It never ocurred to me that he couldn't take testosterone supplements to make up for the missing ball. So he's doing all this on LOW testosterone!!!!

Jeez.

-Ray

Ozz
07-06-2005, 05:29 PM
For those who didn't see the Lance interview in Playboy a month or two ago, it is now online - http://www.playboy.com/arts-entertainment/features/lancearmstrong/03.html.

Somewhat interesting, if not a whole lot new. Among other things, he says about Eddy - " It's also fair to say he was the greatest of all time, not me."
yeah....I better wait till I get home from work to take a look at that...big brother puts up with cycling websites, probably not that one....then again, my wife may have issues also.... :p

"Fair" to say Eddy was the greatest? I would say it would be accurate. Five hundred plus wins in 1500 races? No one comes close...

gasman
07-06-2005, 10:36 PM
I would bet his testosterone levels are in the normal range. His other boy almost certainly stepped up production to make up for the loss of his buddy.

Dr. Doofus
07-06-2005, 10:40 PM
wait

if doof cut off one

gave lefty the time to super-adapt

then got a transplant for a new righty

(preferably another super-adapted unit)

then

doof would have, like, masculine super-hormone-super-powers

more testosterone than gert-jan and the entire readership of maxim combined

inGobwetrust
07-06-2005, 10:58 PM
As someone who has the same condition (testicular cancer, not physical condition!) as Lance I can tell you that after a couple of years since my surgery to remove my right testicle my testosterone level is pretty close to normal again. Not like when I was 19, mind you, but normal none the less.

gasman
07-07-2005, 12:00 AM
Glad to hear you survived and the boy is working well-just like it is supposed to work.

Ray
07-07-2005, 04:29 AM
That once he stops racing, he'll start on supplements. He said that the other one compensated to a degree, but that his overall level is still low.

This could all be blowing smoke, of course. I'm reading "Lance Armstrong's War", and the early chapters make clear how much smoke is blown on a daily basis in that world. Or maybe it could be true?

-Ray

gasman
07-07-2005, 10:40 AM
It may be low normal, still in the normal range though.