PDA

View Full Version : riding with whip lash

learningtoride
08-07-2011, 07:44 AM
I was told I wasn't to ride just yet. I have been dealing with insomnia to an irritating degree, so I happened to notice here in Az. that it was just before dawn and there was such a pink hue in the sky that I couldn't help it. My little sister has a Schwinn beach cruiser (with the most old fashioned saddle EVER! I felt like I had flashed back to the early 70's! But I rode it! Although I was only able to ride for about 40 minutes and didn't even track distance of the ride and IT REALLY HURT AT TIMES. I just wanted to share with you the zen. Few things in this past week have felt so... RIGHT, and I sure have missed it. I am thinking of discussing this with my Dr. on Monday to see if I can't keep it up. I thought of all of you who have welcomed me into this great circle of class and just had to share. It was a balmy 81 degrees and monsoons make the humidity high for Az. But the colors of the eastern sky and the lack of vehicles on the streets and the love of the morning air on my skin. Therapy at it's finest. I hope this kind of ride for all of you this weekend. Thanks for letting me share.
:beer: