PDA

View Full Version : French Alps Cycling Navigator - Map

jerome
08-06-2011, 01:59 AM
Have you ever looked for a cheap simple way to navigate the French Alps ?
Something simple that let yo figure out in a glade which roads are best suited for cycling, giving you all the necessary infos (as distances, altitudes, roads towns and main places names, slopes grades), advising you some of the most popular loops in the area.
Something you can take in you rear pockets jersey, waterproof, tear-proof.
And to come along with it a nice simple blog or website giving some complementary infos as : restaurants, bikeshops, hotels, places to visit, update on roads, places to make a stop, more loops, even some .gps files of the displayed loops;
an a twitter feed for daily update on road conditions, weather, people gathering (yes some might be riding the same area the same day so why no riding together or the author might be riding the area too and will be happy to share with you some fresh infos).

I did a complete survey of the Alps, 12 maps, one for each main cycling sector, from the Lac Leman to Gap Area covering all the major french cols.
More is on the way : Pays du Ventoux, Bandol vineyard, Aix-en-Provence area...

Please let me know what you are thinking.

The selling price will be 4.5€ each printed on waterproof tear proof paper in full color both side.
Discount will apply depending how many is bought.

Also I am looking for a potential editor in the USA, England, France ...

Thank you

572cv
08-06-2011, 05:47 AM
For the way we travel, this would be interesting. We are going to the Vercours in September. Is this in one of your sectors? I think this could be helpful to many cyclists.

BTW, Your attachment opened as a blank sheet. Nothing on it.

jerome
08-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Hi,

thank you for your post.
THe vergers I haven't done it yet sadly

but I have one for La Chartreuse, one for Belledone and another one for Grenoble-Gap Champsaur area. They are the mountains surrounding Grenoble.
Vercors is good but it is a plateau.
I know the place very well too. If you need any help.

how did you like the map, the design ?