PDA

View Full Version : OT...Nissan Juke

firerescuefin
08-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Any forum experience. Fits right in with what I need for an all weather small commuter that would serve as a good bike transporter.

aarondgirard
08-02-2011, 05:35 PM
My dad works for Nissan, so I was able to take one for an extended test drive when it first hit the lot. It was very comfortable given it's size, and had plenty of get up and go. The fuel economy looks to be pretty good too.

The only issue that may or may not matter is that pretty much any moderate to major engine maintenance needs to be done at the dealership given the extreme fuel pressure for that engine. (I know some people buy vehicles and never bring them back to the dealer for maintenance)

Overall, if my wife didn't just get a Rogue, I'd be considering the Juke as my next vehicle.

Aaron

Louis
08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Any forum experience. Fits right in with what I need for an all weather small commuter that would serve as a good bike transporter.

I don't think you're allowed to drive one if you're more than 25 yrs old. ;)

avalonracing
08-02-2011, 05:41 PM
The Juke has a face that only the mother of the designer could love.

firerescuefin
08-02-2011, 05:42 PM
I don't think you're allowed to drive one if you're more than 25 yrs old. ;)

Your talking to a dude that rocks spandex on bikerides....and walks into a coffeeshop unashamed afterward ;)

Talked to my wife about getting a WRX a year ago...she said her husband is not going to drive one of "those fast & furious cars"...then made a disparaging remark about acting my age :rolleyes:

Ken Robb
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
One of the car mags did a long-term test on a Juke and couldn't get close to the EPA fuel economy figures. They don't try for max economy but drive them like they would their own cars. It may be the turbo engine in the Juke was just too much fun to stay out of the throttle? :rolleyes:

A similar car that is nice to drive is Mazda 3. The regular 2.5 liter engine is plenty and the turbo in the Speed 3 is WAY PLENTY! I think there will be a new version of the standard engine for 2012 with similar performance but improved economy due to direct injection.

Louis
08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Talked to my wife about getting a WRX a year ago...she said her husband is not going to drive one of "those fast & furious cars"...then made a disparaging remark about acting my age :rolleyes:

The plain vanilla Impreza 5-dr and the WRX 5-dr are on my list of options to replace the Integra. We'll see. Gas mileage is not that great (esp WRX)

FlashUNC
08-02-2011, 06:21 PM
When my girlfriend was shopping to replace her Neon earlier this year, we test drove a Juke.

IMO, the engine is fantastic and a lot of fun, and its fairly fun to drive. However, it seems a bit small to have the same storage benefits as other crossovers, the interior is a bit cheeseball (a center console the same color as the exterior? Really?) And the exterior is beyond ugly.

We both left of the opinion that if they had crammed that motor into the Versa, it would be the hot hatch to end all hot hatches.

Gummee
08-03-2011, 06:57 AM
I don't think you're allowed to drive one if you're more than 25 yrs old. ;)I was in looking at Xterras the other day.

Juke was going out the door to the home of a beaming couple...

...to a couple of seniors! As in over 65 seniors, not high schoolers

Just like I've never seen a 24-25YO male driving an Element, I think the Juke is going to miss its mark too.

M

dekindy
08-03-2011, 08:26 AM
I have looked and cannot determine if it is a 2-door or 4-door. This sounds silly. However some exterior pictures seem to show a door frame while others do not and there is no exterior rear handle that I can see. No picture shows 4-doors open but some of the interior pictures show what appear to be interior door handles.

1happygirl
08-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Road noise.
Suicide doors (or am I thinking the other one--Cube?).
no thanks.

firerescuefin
08-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Road noise.
Suicide doors (or am I thinking the other one--Cube?).
no thanks.

Juke (Below)...I think you're thinking the other one....

BumbleBeeDave
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Your talking to a dude that rocks spandex on bikerides....and walks into a coffeeshop unashamed afterward ;)

. . . your feelings are hurt and you need a new bike to make you feel better again. :beer:

Also agree with Ken . . . My Mazdaspeed 3 ROCKS! :banana: . . . 265 hp Turbo 4 and it goes like stink in any gear. Great, fun daily driver and I can get three bikes in the back for trips. Take the pedals off and put blankets between the bikes to prevent rub and you're good to go. My GF and I took three to Acadia this last spring and still had pleny of room for soft luggage between and around the bikes.

To me the Juke design is definitely cute and youth oriented, but it also looks like it would get old fast if you had to look at it every day no matter what the performance. It harks back to older Japanese car styling from the 60's-70's when every one of them looked like something out of a bad anime cartoon. They all seemed to look as if at any moment they would blast off to go rendesvous with the mother ship . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

1happygirl
08-03-2011, 08:44 AM
oh yeah thanks. ! old geo tracker look?
Consider Rav 4?

ps didn't mean to stall or hijack the discussions. i have looked around. i would consider rav myself just sayin