PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the Boston area interested in saddle swapping?

xeladragon
08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
I've only ever tried two saddles: a Specialized Toupe that hurt my arse and the Fizik Arione which is/was comfortable enough such that now I have one on each bike. However, I'm always curious about how other saddles would fit me, e.g., Aliante, Antares, Specialized Romin, etc.

So... my idea is to do some sort of saddle swap with other forum members in the Boston area (I know there are a lot of you!). If you have an Aliante/Antares/Romin that you're willing to let me try, and you'd like to try an Arione, let's swap for a few days! I know some LBS have saddle demo programs but... this would be free. :) Any interest?

forrestw
08-02-2011, 01:08 PM
I've got an Antares you would be welcome to try, it's on my f/g, got an Arione-tri on the Legend.

The only saddle I'm much interested in trying would be a Brooks; I've never ponied up for one due to fear of what would happen to the leather riding in the rain as much as I do.

xeladragon
08-02-2011, 01:59 PM
I've got an Antares you would be welcome to try...PMed!

Bruce K
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I probably have an SLR and/or SLR Gel Flow you could try when I get back from CO.

You know that more and more saddle manufacturers have demo programs through their dealer shops. Specialized and SMP for sure.

BK

rustychain
08-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I thought "saddle swapping" was banned in Boston? ;)

retrogrouchy
08-02-2011, 06:57 PM
I've only ever tried two saddles: a Specialized Toupe that hurt my arse and the Fizik Arione which is/was comfortable enough such that now I have one on each bike. However, I'm always curious about how other saddles would fit me, e.g., Aliante, Antares, Specialized Romin, etc.

So... my idea is to do some sort of saddle swap with other forum members in the Boston area (I know there are a lot of you!). If you have an Aliante/Antares/Romin that you're willing to let me try, and you'd like to try an Arione, let's swap for a few days! I know some LBS have saddle demo programs but... this would be free. :) Any interest?

I'd be interested in spouse-swapping.

Oh wait, wrong forum, sorry. Never mind.

xeladragon
08-02-2011, 07:25 PM
I probably have an SLR and/or SLR Gel Flow you could try when I get back from CO.

You know that more and more saddle manufacturers have demo programs through their dealer shops. Specialized and SMP for sure.

BKBruce, lemme know when you're back from CO. Gloucester's a bit far from greater Boston, but maybe we can meet somewhere in the middle. :)

xeladragon
08-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Thank you forrestw for letting me borrow your Aliante this weekend! Anyone else interested in a swap? I'd love to try an Antares or the Specialized Romin. :)