PDA

View Full Version : For great TDF analysis...

Tmogul
07-05-2005, 01:26 PM
I just thought I'd point you guys to some great TDF analysis. I'm not sure if you guys know about this site or not. If you can get past the some what arrogant tone and now self advertising for his training book, you will reap a lot of information on how to think like a racer. I've been following his commentary each year and with the limited info he had(has) he was right on the money many times. (look over the previous years....especially lance's 5th tour) It makes the tour more interesting because you can then anticipate what might happen and if you guessed right......well its just more fun that way than just watching the outcome. I don't have oln so I just read the live reports. Enjoy and hopefully it makes this year's tour more enjoyable. :)

http://coachcarl.com/Tour_2005/tdf_2005.htm

davep
07-05-2005, 04:58 PM
in his analysis of today's TTT

From some of the things I have seen Lance do this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see him ride for Hincapie to win this Tour as a parting gift to a friend.

dirtdigger88
07-05-2005, 05:02 PM
THAT would be the coolest finish I can think of-

Go Big George

Jason

Dr. Doofus
07-05-2005, 06:32 PM
great, that guy can pick apart the tactics of a race after its happened

whoop-dee

if he thinks LA will ride for hincapie, he's nuts

if he really thinks hincapie could crack the top 10 in the tour, he's mega-nuts

if he really thinks hincapie could win the tour, he's sybill and her 13 pals

Ozz
07-05-2005, 06:35 PM
"No gifts."

LA

Bruce H.
07-05-2005, 07:46 PM
I have been thinking he might want to give George the Yellow for a stage or two to thank him for all he has done for Lance. Time will tell. He also seemed to try and give Roberto and Eki a stage but backed out each time.
Bruce H

Tmogul
07-05-2005, 08:17 PM
Darn it. Right after I talk about how good he is he goes and writes something stupid like lance riding for george. :crap:

Oh well. However I still think he has some good insights into team tactics. You just have to wade through some crazy talk. We'll see maybe he's lost it this year. Also in previous years anyways he was doing this all off of just the race results on the tour site which seemed impressive to me.

I wish lance would let george go for a stage win and a day in Yellow but its too risky and like you said "no gifts". Sorry George...next year.

Fixed
07-05-2005, 08:25 PM
Lance is not that nice.(on the bike)He has done many nice things for people off the bike. He races to win.

colocraig
07-05-2005, 11:37 PM
I'm sure that Lance has warm feeling toward George, but Jens Voight is at about the same time deficit. Jens is very capable of some long breakaway wins before the Alps, so don't look for any charity from Lance.