PDA

View Full Version : Ot Last Night In Tucson Az

learningtoride
07-31-2011, 11:03 AM
just thought I'd share with my new found brethren the horrible things that transpired here- I was traveling in my dodge dakota going west bound on Ft Lowell Rd and a kid driving a chevy pickup blew the red light heading South on Country Club and took out my truck- my Jack Russell Terrier was with me and when I got out of the truck to assess my injuries and my truck my dog leaped out of the driver side window and ran in panic into the night- I have yet to sleep or get to the hospital as I've been up all night trying to locate my dog- on an even more dramatic note I obtained the dog because my sister had him and suffered a stroke after neurosurgery from a anurism removal and had asked me to please take the him and provide him a good home. Now I am injured- no truck- no dog- no sanity AND unable to ride my bike! First there was that javalina we all spoke of and now this- Im just distraught that all I hold important is out of reach and being removed- so please drink a beer for your newbie kin and think positive thoughts for me too! and thanks guys for just being here to listen! :confused: :crap:

gdw
07-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow, that really sucks. I hope you heal quickly and get your truck fixed soon. Try calling the Jack Russell Rescue in Phoenix about your dog - 480-854-0358. The volunteers at those organizations are really helpful and might know some people in Tucson who can help you find your dog. Good luck.

1centaur
07-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Good luck, best wishes, and buy a lottery ticket, because in a mean-reversion universe, you are due.

Karin Kirk
07-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Oh no! So sorry to hear of this. I can easily imagine how upsetting that must be. Hopefully the dog will be located by someone and you'll get him back. People are such softies for dogs, and a Jack Russel is not likely to get confused with a stray, so it seems likely that someone will take him in and alert the animal shelters.

Some local radio stations have alerts for lost pets. Do you have that in Tuscon?

You should go take care of yourself too. Waiting is probably not a good idea.

Good luck, hang in there.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-31-2011, 12:15 PM
There's been some bad ju-ju in your neck of the woods lately, as some here can attest. +1 on contacting the dog rescue. They're manned by very caring, fellow animal loving folks who feel your pain and are more than willing to help find your dog. I know what you're going through (as I'm sure others here do) as we've lost a dog in the past, and, with the help of the local (CT) Police and animal rescue, were able to find him safe. You're part of this community now. You'll find out soon enough, we are much more than all about bikes and riding. Welcome fellow brethren.

rugbysecondrow
07-31-2011, 12:58 PM
If there is a positive note, you could write one hell of a country song out of your recent experiences. (just some levity)

Hopefully your dog will turn up and you feel better. These things are bad, I am glad they weren't much worse.

konstantkarma
07-31-2011, 03:52 PM
My sympathies. I hope your dog returns. I used to live on Sabino Canyon rd, and have fond memories of the area. I also had several scary interactions with the javalina and the drivers in the area. I hope your luck changes for the better soon!

Ray
07-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Sorry to hear - hope you find your dog!

I grew up in Tucson, at what was the east end of Ft. Lowell Road (just east of Ft. Lowell Park) - not sure if the road continues beyond Craycroft now or not, but it didn't then. This was in the late '60s into the early '80s that I lived there. I just went back and saw your javalina thread too - I used to go wander in the desert with my friends as a kid (EARLY on summer mornings) and we used to see them all the time. Never got chased by them though!

-Ray

learningtoride
08-01-2011, 01:01 AM
UPDATE: first off thanks to all of you for the friendly ears-I was beyond my limitations this morning. The kind words from such respected peers is more than I wouldve ever asked for. Today I received a call from California Animal Control with wonderful news! Some wonderful woman had found my Terrier in her center yard not far from the wreck scene, the intresting thing was that her fence is 7 ft tall and nobody is quite sure how little Bailey made it into her yard. So after the longest most dramatic night ever lol I was reunited with him before sundown. I have suffered a mild concussion and have a sprain in my shoulder. Physical therapy before my next ride is an order so it may be a little while before i feel the freedom of wind in my hair and peddles under my feet. The truck is another matter but time will tell how that will pan out. So there it is. A day in the life right? So thanks again my heros and on to the next adventure. PS Ray? Ft Lowell does still technically end at the park but now they have another branch of it that stems out by Sabino Canyon- modern growth huh lol- I hope never to encounter a nasty hairy prehistoric pig but am ok with the dogs lol- you should come ride the southwest again and see what youve missed! :beer:

chuckred
08-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Could have been a much worse ending!

Heal first, ride later!

Ray
08-01-2011, 05:48 AM
Ray? Ft Lowell does still technically end at the park but now they have another branch of it that stems out by Sabino Canyon- modern growth huh lol-

Glad it ended well - I'd have been a mess if my dog was missing and running around near cars...

I assumed it probably did extend past there by now. Tucson was a pretty sleepy little place in the '60s and '70s, when I have most of my memories of the place. Its good you weren't there when I was learning to drive - I was a total idiot and I did a lot of my learning along Ft. Lowell Road (I had some good friends who lived over by Country Club and Ft. Lowell - I was near Craycroft and Ft. Lowell - I spent a lot of very very late nights driving home on that stretch of road! :cool:

-Ray