PDA

View Full Version : Ladies & Gentelmen, a Very special ride report

Tom Kellogg
07-05-2005, 08:47 AM
We had the honor of hosting Too and the Queen over the weekend for some great food and excellent racing. Not only is Too a wonderful cook (grilled salmon on fresh green salad w/ his home made raspberry vinaigrette) but he is an animal on a bike as well. The queen is simply a hammer. The youngsters just could not do her in. Being able to ride over to the race Sunday morning with Too at a casual pace, just a little warm up ... that is the way to arrive at a race. Post race, on the ride back to the house, I made the comment as we rode through the corn fields that life as a cyclist "really sucks," clean air, clean lungs, clear vistas, the good burn in the legs...

It really was a treat to have this wonderful couple up for the weekend. Showing them the Lehigh Valley and some of the local racing scene must have been a change of pace. Too indicated that the lack of pollution up here made him feel a lot better. He sure rode like it.

June, Jill, Colby, Nacho and I thoroughly enjoyed their visit and they are welcome any time they want to return.
:beer:

saab2000
07-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Very nice!

Two years ago I was fitted by Tom for a bike. During my visit I was struck by what appeared to be truly great riding areas. I was also struck by the graciousness of Mr. Tom Kellogg.

This post backs up both of those impressions. I am looking forward to meeting Mr. Tall when I end up in Washington DC and I am looking forward to that Pennsylvania riding if I end up in Philly. (followers of my posts know what I am talking about.....).

Cool that Forum members are able to meet up and ride. This forum rocks and again, I thank Serotta for it.

Too Tall
07-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Some inside info....Colby the uber lab and Nacho "All Mice are Mine" the cat runs the operation. Both agreed tummys need alot of scratching ;)

Tom has it good. Rural roads, few cars, rolling farm land AND "T" town in your back yard how great is that?

Friday eve. we met KenO to watch the Pros race on the track. If you have never seen Marty Nothestein accelerate out of a pack of already smoking fast riders you haven't lived...it is just downright breathtaking. A nice evening too, the track is a relaxed place where locals are lining the boards and everyone knows everyone.

Thanks for the nice words T.K. It's true, we are not awful houseguests ;)

...I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery I gotta win the lottery...