PDA

View Full Version : Help adjusting Modolo Master Pro brake, please

SteveFrench
07-30-2011, 11:04 AM
Hello,

Dummy question here. I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the caliper so that the right side (left in photo) pad moves off the rim. There's got to be something obvious that I'm missing here. There is a set screw behind the "arms" that seems to be used to adjust the tightness with which the "arms assembly" is held together but I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem. Please excuse my made up names. Here's a pic where you can see how the right side pad is rubbing on the rim. I'm no master mechanic but I've never had problems centering road calipers before now. Any thoughts areb appreciated. Thanks

gdw
07-30-2011, 11:41 AM
1. Slightly loosen the bolt on the backside of the fork which secures the brake to the fork.
2. Take a thin cone wrench which fits the flats on the sides of the silver part closest to the fork, front side, and rotate it slightly so that the pads are centered equal distance from the rim.
3. Tighten the bolt on the backside of the fork.

SteveFrench
07-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Thanks. In my haste, that never occured to me.

Gummee
07-30-2011, 12:11 PM
The quick and dirty method is to get something that'll get to the spring (blunt screwdriver, etc) and then whack it with a hammer. You don't need much.

I don't usually do that with the nice stuff tho. ...but Huffy bikes and the like get it.

There's actually a specific wrench made for this purpose. The 'flats' are offset 90deg

M

SPOKE
07-30-2011, 01:15 PM
Post some pics of complete bike when you get a chance.

beer_meister
07-31-2011, 09:47 AM
How dare you tease us with glimpes of the head tube only on that sweet 3Rensho. Please post full pictures in the custom bike section, PRONTO !!!!!!