PDA

View Full Version : I'm not as weak as I thought

Ken Robb
07-29-2011, 05:12 PM
But I am dumber. The bike I ride most often is my Rivendell Allrounder. Obviously no racer (me or the bike) but it always seemed fast enough for most of my riding. Lately I felt like it was just too heavy and the tires too fat for me to move. It made my Rambouillet feel like a race bike.

Well it seems that when I loaded groceries into the huge Rivendell Hoss saddle bag it shoved my brake cable way to one side of the straddle wire so my rear brake was dragging A LOT! DUH on me. :rolleyes: :o

oliver1850
07-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Good training, hauling groceries with the brake on.

dave thompson
07-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Ken is going for the massive quads look so he can prowl the beaches in La Jolla.

stephenmarklay
07-29-2011, 05:23 PM
I am the opposite. I am always looking to see which tire is flat and what brake pad is askew. Nada :crap:

regularguy412
07-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I am the opposite. I am always looking to see which tire is flat and what brake pad is askew. Nada :crap:

... Or if yer riding buddies have secretly twisted the rear brake on purpose so that it rubs.

:D

MIke in AR:beer:

Ken Robb
07-29-2011, 07:20 PM
... Or if yer riding buddies have secretly twisted the rear brake on purpose so that it rubs.

:D

MIke in AR:beer:

I haven't had any riding buddies since Kevan quit visiting San Diego. ;)

Pete Serotta
07-29-2011, 07:21 PM
tom Brynes said he had to do that to your bike, so he could ride with you and that was the way I was going to draft you and be able to hang with you and TOM :p

PETE

572cv
07-29-2011, 08:10 PM
with that. Early in the month I rode a century, benefit for the cancer center at Dartmouth. In the first twenty miles, I hit some railroad tracks hard enough to flat. Fixed the flat, but it never occurred to me (D'OH!!) that what was enough to cause a flat might throw my rim out a bit. Seventy miles later it did. I had been dragging a brake a bit over the distance. It did help with the last bit to have my calipers wide open.... You might call yourself dumb, but I was dumber.... :rolleyes:

rounder
07-29-2011, 10:31 PM
You should be blowing the La Jolla brethern away. You have already done that on the track with others. You understand gearing better than anyone here on the forum. Anyway, if it ever happened, would be happy to ride with you some day.

oliver1850
07-30-2011, 12:19 AM
I'm wondering if I am as weak as you thought?