PDA

View Full Version : Source for Origin-8 components on-line

old_fat_and_slow
07-29-2011, 01:02 PM
Being the retro-grouch that I am, I sometimes have a hard time finding components that are compatible with my old-school sleds.

I really like companies like Velo Orange and Origin-8 that still offer stuff compatible with older frames, and vintage looking stuff.

That said, Velo Orange is easy to do business with, because they have a store set-up on the web.

Origin-8 (J&B importers) seems to want to work through dealers instead of direct on-line sales. I'm okay with that. However, I would like to find an on-line dealer that carries a significant amount of their product, ideally with attractive prices too. Yes, there are local dealers that can do special orders, but why bother with that if I can just order online myself.

Anybody know of any Origin-8 dealers that offer online sales, and have a decent selection of product (other than Amazon)?

Please try to avoid getting into an argument about LBS vs. online retailers. Been there, done that. Please help if you can.

Thanks,

oliver1850
07-29-2011, 01:09 PM
Ben's Cycle has some, but I don't know how much. Bell's Bike Shop in Philly, but I haven't ordered from them. Look's like Bell's only sells through ebay.

eddief
07-29-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Origin-8-Pro-Road-Saddle-Red/dp/B002MKDMW4/ref=sr_1_23?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1311962852&sr=1-23

old_fat_and_slow
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
... SNIPPAGE

Anybody know of any Origin-8 dealers that offer online sales, and have a decent selection of product (other than Amazon)?

Please try to avoid getting into an argument about LBS vs. online retailers. Been there, done that. Please help if you can.

Thanks,

Still need a little help please.

eddief
07-29-2011, 02:17 PM
missed that you knew about Amazon.

Think if it was out there, a google would show it.

oliver1850
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
icyclesusa.com has quite a bit of stuff

Fishbike
07-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Niagara Cycles. Tons of stuff and good website.

wasfast
07-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I've bought several Origin 8 items on ebay (stems etc). That may not be a lot of help but it's all I can provide.

WickedWheels
07-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Most bike shops in the country can special order you this stuff and have it available next day. J&B has 10 warehouses across the country and covers most markets with next day ground delivery.

My point is not to pump J&B. My point is that almost every bike shop in the country can have your item delivered for you next day at no extra charge. This means there no excuse to NOT to visit the LBS. Might as well give your local guys and your local community the business and the revenues.

Being the retro-grouch that I am, I sometimes have a hard time finding components that are compatible with my old-school sleds.

I really like companies like Velo Orange and Origin-8 that still offer stuff compatible with older frames, and vintage looking stuff.

That said, Velo Orange is easy to do business with, because they have a store set-up on the web.

Origin-8 (J&B importers) seems to want to work through dealers instead of direct on-line sales. I'm okay with that. However, I would like to find an on-line dealer that carries a significant amount of their product, ideally with attractive prices too. Yes, there are local dealers that can do special orders, but why bother with that if I can just order online myself.

Thanks,

bike22
07-29-2011, 10:50 PM
can you be more specific about which origin-8 parts you want?

i am not aware of any online source listing the_entire_jbi catalog like the many online retailers who do this with qbp's catalogue, but there are plenty of places which offer some selection of jbi's catalogue.

oldpotatoe
07-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Most bike shops in the country can special order you this stuff and have it available next day. J&B has 10 warehouses across the country and covers most markets with next day ground delivery.

My point is not to pump J&B. My point is that almost every bike shop in the country can have your item delivered for you next day at no extra charge. This means there no excuse to NOT to visit the LBS. Might as well see your local guys and your local community the business and the revenues.

Yep, I get J/B stuff shipped for free every Tuesday and Thursday, same for many shops in the US. Order on Monday, get on Tuesday. J/B is the distributor for O-8 stuff, they do not do direct to the customer sales.