PDA

View Full Version : Ritchey Compact Crank Replacement Rings

Pyramor
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I have a Ritchey WCS compact crank that I am trying to find a outer ring for. I want to try a 48 tooth, but because Ritchey uses a non-standard ring orientation (using the crank arm as one of the ring attach points) I can't seem to find one which places the chain drop pin behind the crank arm. I have read that Sugino may work, but cannot confirm. Does anyone have any experience with replacement rings for this crank? Apparently, Ritchey no longer sells replacement rings.

bfd
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
I have a Ritchey WCS compact crank that I am trying to find a outer ring for. I want to try a 48 tooth, but because Ritchey uses a non-standard ring orientation (using the crank arm as one of the ring attach points) I can't seem to find one which places the chain drop pin behind the crank arm. I have read that Sugino may work, but cannot confirm. Does anyone have any experience with replacement rings for this crank? Apparently, Ritchey no longer sells replacement rings.

I believe the Ritchey WCS "compact" crank chainrings uses a 110 bolt circle diameter (bcd). Go here for excellent, Made in the USA replacement at very reasonable prices:

http://www.vueltausa.com/components/chainrings.html

Note, if for some reason your chainrings do not have a 110bcd pattern, vuelta does offer rings in many other sizes. Good Luck!

oliver1850
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
You might check out TA Syrius rings. They make a 48/110 BCD. Some of their other rings don't have the crank arm pin, but I'm not sure about the Syrius model. If there's no pin the orientation wouldn't matter. Just don't drop the chain. Just another option, the Vueltas are quite a bit cheaper.

Ralph
07-29-2011, 01:15 PM
I bought a TA ring recently....a 135 BCD Vento....and it had drilling for putting the crank arm pin either on a bolt hole, or 180 degrees between two holes. So a TA will probably work if the bolt attaches to the arm.

Pyramor
07-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys. It is a 110mm bolt circle. Cost is a consideration, since at this point it is just an experiment.