PDA

View Full Version : Campagnolo North America

oldpotatoe
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Seems they sometimes get a bad rap but twice in the last few days they have come to the rescue. First was a 2008, 10s left hand Record UT crank arm and the other was a 2006 Record hub shell. To say these are obscure is putting it mildly but Dan and Jerry contacted Campagnolo ITL directly and the goods were put on order altho the crank arm was canceled. Yep a 2008 LH Record arm isn't cheap but neither is a 2008 Record crankset.

IMHO, these guys GAS, try hard and deliver when they can. Good on them.

-Campagnolo Pro Shop Owner

soulspinner
07-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Have beaten the snot out of my 2003 Chorus group and 30000 miles later it still delivers day after day. Two shifter (right) rebuilds and as good as new, except for cosmetic battle scars. :hello:

R2D2
07-29-2011, 09:13 AM
... Two shifter (right) rebuilds and as good as new, except for cosmetic battle scars. :hello:
That's just well used patina.

jr59
07-29-2011, 09:13 AM
:beer:

For the good guys. For me, it's good to know that the usa reps are at least trying! Not much more you can ask for.

good on them indeed!!!!

old_fat_and_slow
07-29-2011, 10:03 AM
... snippage ...

IMHO, these guys GAS, try hard and deliver when they can. Good on them.

Can we get them working on lower prices for US dealers and customers now? :rolleyes:

tuxbailey
07-29-2011, 04:11 PM
Have beaten the snot out of my 2003 Chorus group and 30000 miles later it still delivers day after day. Two shifter (right) rebuilds and as good as new, except for cosmetic battle scars. :hello:

Do the chain rings also last 30K?

I think my group is set for life other than cables, chains, and cassettes.

Idris Icabod
07-29-2011, 04:58 PM
I'll use this thread to give a shout out to decent Campagnolo shops. I had a noisy rear hub on my Neutron wheels so opened them up to find a spring in 3 pieces. I called around to every local shops and no one had one or was interested in getting me one so tried calling the big places but stopped when Excel told me to try calling a shop that works on bikes!

I called Old Peter Spud at Vecchios, 10 seconds later he said "yep I'm holding what you need in my hand", no problem shipping it and he even stuck it in an envelope and charged very reasonable shipping although I think it required him to make a special trip to the post office. Got back from vacation yesterday and spring is waiting to be popped in. Thanks Peter!

97CSI
07-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Do the chain rings also last 30K?
I think my group is set for life other than cables, chains, and cassettes.Generally not. But, Peter (oldpotatoe) will provide you with the proper TA chainrings at a most reasonable price. At least that is what I did and they work very well.

Pete Serotta
07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
I plan also to make it out to Boulder with my bike and sleeping bag...... :D

Generally not. But, Peter (oldpotatoe) will provide you with the proper TA chainrings at a most reasonable price. At least that is what I did and they work very well.

soulspinner
07-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Generally not. But, Peter (oldpotatoe) will provide you with the proper TA chainrings at a most reasonable price. At least that is what I did and they work very well.

No, I actually changed them out a year 5k ago but even that is as good as you will find with any group today.

soulspinner
07-30-2011, 04:59 AM
That's just well used patina.

The shifters are actually scarred(for life)-but thats my fault :rolleyes:

oldpotatoe
07-30-2011, 08:00 AM
Can we get them working on lower prices for US dealers and customers now? :rolleyes:

They work for and are an office for Campagnolo Italy, that's where the problem lies. Prices in European distributors are very similar to US distributors. It's the unrestricted and uncontrolled MO resellers mostly in southern UK. Back door stuff, I'm convinced but I suspect Valentino knows about it.

oldpotatoe
07-30-2011, 08:01 AM
I'll use this thread to give a shout out to decent Campagnolo shops. I had a noisy rear hub on my Neutron wheels so opened them up to find a spring in 3 pieces. I called around to every local shops and no one had one or was interested in getting me one so tried calling the big places but stopped when Excel told me to try calling a shop that works on bikes!

I called Old Peter Spud at Vecchios, 10 seconds later he said "yep I'm holding what you need in my hand", no problem shipping it and he even stuck it in an envelope and charged very reasonable shipping although I think it required him to make a special trip to the post office. Got back from vacation yesterday and spring is waiting to be popped in. Thanks Peter!

You are welcome, happy to help.

Rueda Tropical
07-30-2011, 09:02 AM
I emailed a pre-sales question on the Campagnolo web site about some new components I was considering and got an email back inviting me to call Jerry at Campagnolo NA who was very helpful. Great service.

oldpotatoe
07-30-2011, 11:39 AM
I emailed a pre-sales question on the Campagnolo web site about some new components I was considering and got an email back inviting me to call Jerry at Campagnolo NA who was very helpful. Great service.

He's the customer service guy.

Phone number is on the website.

PoppaWheelie
07-30-2011, 12:35 PM
Peter,

Can you confirm/deny a rumor I heard about Campy changing their crank format again? Local mech said they were changing the system so that the bearing sits in the cup on one side and takes a special tool to pull...that'd kinda be a drag (just pulled together the scratch to buy the tools to install my own chain).

oldpotatoe
07-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Peter,

Can you confirm/deny a rumor I heard about Campy changing their crank format again? Local mech said they were changing the system so that the bearing sits in the cup on one side and takes a special tool to pull...that'd kinda be a drag (just pulled together the scratch to buy the tools to install my own chain).

Happened in beginning of 2011 for Athena and below. Called Powertorque and it does not go above Athena nor will it for 2012.

I have a crank puller, bearing puller and installer..made by Cyclus..not a big deal.