PDA

View Full Version : Confusing website

Keith A
02-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I ran across a website that has to be one of the most confusing websites I've seen. Check out SuperSpokes (http://www.superspokes.com/pages/784520/index.htm) They may be great people with good gear, but I doubt I would ever shop there.

keno
02-10-2004, 07:59 PM
and couldn't make heads or tails of it. It made think that I must have been missing "the clue", but I'm persuaded I didn't.

keno

gt6267a
02-10-2004, 08:12 PM
it seems like a website advertising an e-bay based business.

it seems to be the biggest problem is the organization. it seems cluttered which causes confusion. i am curious to know if anyone has purchased through them ...

BumbleBeeDave
02-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Help! I’m blind!

BBDave

flydhest
02-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Help! I’m blind!

BBDave

Dave, I told you to stop doing that, didn't I?

M_A_Martin
02-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Dave, that's not the web site that's making you go blind...

Seriously, it appears that someone has been allowed to run rampant wiith chunk of web page creation software with no clue on design, useability or structure/organization. It seems to be a very designer centric site, rather than a user-centric site.

They also have taken little consideration for any user on a dialup, or an old monitor. Background and design elements shouldn't take that long to load regardless of how you're accessing the site...

I can't fault the software they're using. Its old, but you work with what you've got.

Ah well...

No Keith, I have no idea who they are, but thanks for allowing me to contemplate a site like that. It occasionally is helpful to look at bad examples of what you do to appreciate that you do an ok job.

That said...it looks like they've got some screaming deals if you can find them!

Keith A
02-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Mary Ann -- I find that the KISS method works well for many if not most situations. Even if what underneath is complicated, you have to present the user with a simple interface.

Tom
02-11-2004, 09:21 AM
No, you are wrong! If LLFs can't figure out what us technicians have crafted, it's their fault and it's because they're inferior!

That being said, I wish to disavow any knowledge of toy systems and Web site design. Their response to any problem is "Hey dude, just reboot and see if it goes away." Diagnostic data? They don't need no stinking diagnostic data. They can't read a dump anyway. Object oriented programming'll do that to you.

Sorry. Dinosaur rant.

BumbleBeeDave
02-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Take a pill and relax!

After all, it could be worse! You could be the victim of a lamentable campaign by flydhest to cast aspeersions on your sexuality! :rolleyes:

BBDave