PDA

View Full Version : Riding and racing around "T" Town

Too Tall
07-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Queen and I did three races apiece at the Ed Peters Memorial Masters series this Sat. and Sunday. Saturday was a 10 mile TT in NJ in the morning and a crit in PA that afternoon followed by a crit the next day at the dedicated crit course located across from the Trexlertown Velodrome.

Yikes, what fun. The events were restricted to Masters riders only. There were lots of very good riders and I watched as Queen took a first, second one prime and won $50. Your's truly got his fanny handed to him in the TT. Got 17th with a 23min TT sheesh. I had no team in the crit. so I spent the entire time attacking hehe...missed the break...could not bridge..blew..got my composure and continued attacking hey? What the heck? Lead out the uphill field sprint and finished well.

BUT! The rough rider award goes to Queen who got popped by a couple Cat 1/2's and than clawed her self ,solo for 4 laps, back to the field :) Shweet.

Watched the Master Tom Kellog work the crowd in both crits. The man can ride his bike and it shows. Even a little out of shape, only a little, he placed top 10 in both races and won a pizza too. Well done laddy :)

Moral of the story for me and Queen is it is very rewarding even at the age of 48/46 to travel, race and bang it out with others who are like minded. We ain't alone out there.

weisan
07-04-2005, 05:26 PM
I can't wait for Chief to answer this pressing question I have regarding guys like y'all in the "Masters" age group, who really should be playing mahjong in a smoke-filled room or otherwise if you have to have it, by walking around in the malls before they open....

The question is...to enhance your performance when and where it matters, do y'all happen to use the "ropes"?? Is it really effective as advertised?

weisan

ps. notice the absence of smileys, which means, I am TOTALLY SERIOUS!!!

Oh yeah, Tall-pal, great job on the circuit, please convey my heartfelt admiration to the Queen...

Chief
07-04-2005, 06:47 PM
[QUOTE=weisan]I can't wait for Chief to answer this pressing question I have regarding guys like y'all in the "Masters" age group, who really should be playing mahjong in a smoke-filled room or otherwise if you have to have it, by walking around in the malls before they open....

The question is...to enhance your performance when and where it matters, do y'all happen to use the "ropes"?? Is it really effective as advertised?[QUOTE]

Give me one good reason why the hell I, or for that matter any other Master, really should be playing mahjong.....instead of riding my (their) bike which not only provides an excellent form of exercise but also is something I (we) enjoy doing. I guess I am too naive/uninformed to answer your pressing question because I don't know speciffically what you mean by "ropes". I can only assume since I ignorant about "ropes" that I am not using it/them. Enlighten me! Moreover, what makes you think I need to enhance my performance. All indications are that I am doing alright and able to hold my own on a bike even against those much younger than I am. :p :rolleyes:

Too Tall
07-05-2005, 07:03 AM
Queen says "Tanks" ;) We are still glowing from the weekend. Hmmm.

Wesian - I've got a bridge in Brooklyn you can buy cheap.

This really does bring to mind WHY we do this and the answer is LIFESTYLE. Making goals is a fulfilling process and along the way we enjoy company of sooo many others who are happy, healthy and enjoying the pleasures. Cycling has been good to us.