PDA

View Full Version : anyone tell me the difference between the fizik arione and arione cx?

AngryScientist
07-26-2011, 08:24 PM
i've been really digging the arione cx on my cross bike. i've read some marketing copy on fizik ariones, but cant come up with what the actual difference is between the arione and arione cx - anyone?? :confused:

akelman
07-26-2011, 08:28 PM
Try here (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=171787).

JeffS
07-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Try here (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/showthread.php?t=171787).

Is there supposed to be an answer there? I don't see it.

weiwentg
07-26-2011, 10:05 PM
yeah, that page may have been helpful in the past but I didn't see any good explanation.

akelman
07-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Sorry, that wasn't very clear at all, was it? My point was that I'm not sure there's a clear answer out there. I say this as someone who tried to figure this out about six months ago and failed utterly.

aoe
07-26-2011, 10:43 PM
The arione cx uses a lighter weight foam that supposedly drops 40g. Used to be the CX only came w braided rails but now has a k:ium model. I use both and the CX seems slightly firmer but I don't have a golden ass to be able to really tell if it's that big a difference.

wooly
07-26-2011, 10:55 PM
The arione cx uses a lighter weight foam that supposedly drops 40g. Used to be the CX only came w braided rails but now has a k:ium model. I use both and the CX seems slightly firmer but I don't have a golden ass to be able to really tell if it's that big a difference.

Not quite a golden a$$ here too, but maybe copper :D , but I felt a difference. I switched from a Kium Arione with the standard padding to a carbon railed CX. The CX is definitely firmer. I noticed it on the first handful of rides but have forgotten about it. For reference, I've got a little bit of "back".

dd74
07-27-2011, 01:36 AM
I can tell the difference. I have both the cx and the steel rail version of the same seat. The cx is much stiffer and harder, and does take some getting used to. But once you adjust to it, it's a very nice seat.

AngryScientist
07-27-2011, 06:35 AM
thanks for the replies folks, i've got a decent idea of whats going on now.

Nick

feta99
07-27-2011, 09:11 AM
I have both on different bikes. The CX with braided rails is stiffer and has a firmer padding. The non CX version flexes a bit more.

Pete Serotta
07-27-2011, 09:18 AM
i've been really digging the arione cx on my cross bike. i've read some marketing copy on fizik ariones, but cant come up with what the actual difference is between the arione and arione cx - anyone?? :confused:

he will show you and might even have some for DEMO.

PETE

mattsbeers
07-27-2011, 11:03 AM
The Cx has far less padding.

pdmtong
07-28-2011, 01:07 AM
CX both braided and kium is firmer than the std arione. shape of course is the same.

allegedly the CX is lighter but ihav never weighed them

I use the std arione on my CX bike and the CX arione on my road bike(s).

I like the firmness of the std arione and prefer the CX even more so.

FWIW using rapha, capo, pearl and campagnolo bibs

dd74
07-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Yes, wear some well-padded shorts if you use a cx. It's not quite a new Brooks, but it still can be a PITA, (so to speak) when new.

rice rocket
07-28-2011, 04:17 PM
The Cx has far less padding.

Yep, and a stiffer shell to boot.

xeladragon
07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
My Arione CXs have maintained their shape better. My non-CX Arione has a nice dip in the middle. Both are still comfortable though.

pdmtong
07-28-2011, 05:59 PM
As with all ariones, saddle tilt is essential to getting the fit dialed. for me, do it right and the saddle disapeears. a bit off and it feels like the nose or tail is poking me.

tried the antares...never could get the tail to disappear.

never tried the versus versions...no need.