PDA

View Full Version : OT: ending my att DSL, can I access that email account after cancel?

eddief
07-26-2011, 10:17 AM
i may be moving (i hate this idea) my telecom all over to the dreaded Comcast. they offered me a deal I can't refuse.

does anyone know if, after the cancellation, will all my email still come into my att web-based email address? i am thinking that account is powered by yahoo, and yahoo email is free, so thinking with or without att DSL that account will still be active.

does that mean i won't have to change my email address when my isp is Comcast?

JeffS
07-26-2011, 10:26 AM
Expect it to go away.

sean
07-26-2011, 12:03 PM
You can call ATT and see if they have an email plan. It's usually up for a bit. I would setup an autoresponder just in case.

Also, it's a good idea to establish an email address like gmail that is independent of your provider. That way you avoid things like this if you switch companies again.

eddief
07-26-2011, 12:26 PM
if i can currently access my email on the web at: http://us.mg203.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.partner=sbc

then this is basically a free email account offered by att via yahoo. thinking this account will remain forever even after i quit the dsl service.

will call to make sure.

eddief
07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
chatter said email address is for good just like gmail so changing over to new isp should not be a hassle in this regard.

dd74
07-26-2011, 01:28 PM
That reminds me, I have to do the same thing with Earthlink, since we're now with AT&T. Hey, it'd be $30+ saved a month...

eddief
08-07-2011, 10:29 AM
att dsl, att land line, direct tv satellite to xfinity triple play.

installation was smooth. all systems up and running.

and if nothing else, xfinity internet is noticably way way faster. dsl is a tortoise.

so far old att email box up running and all is good.