PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork

CPP
07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
OK, I'm a softie but what a touching scene it was to see Cadel stop right after the finish line, after today's stage, to give and recieve the overwhelming joy and congrats from all of his team mates. I can't ever remember seeing such a scene in recent tours.

thwart
07-24-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd agree.

Cadel earned his Tour win, and my admiration as well for the way he's handled himself throughout.

93legendti
07-24-2011, 03:10 PM
This was the 9th time George Hincapie has ridden for a TdF winner.

Karin Kirk
07-24-2011, 04:06 PM
I'm with you Chris, that was a special scene. Especially since Cadel has suffered from poor or uncooperative teams in the past.

I'm finding myself a huge Cadel fan these days, absolutely killing it in the TT, then being perfectly gracious and sincere in in his victory. Refreshing.

Having George Hincapie pilot his 9th winner is amazing too - great work all around!

I'm sad to see this tour end, it's been my favorite one lately. But at least my mornings will be a lot more productive now.

firerescuefin
07-24-2011, 04:40 PM
The entire scene looked very genuine....I think it says a lot...Well done from team conception, evolution, and execution by all. Very glad to see them adding TjVG...and the word on the street is that they are the early leaders to get Gilbert.....YIKES :beer:

dekindy
07-24-2011, 04:49 PM
The teamwork for Mark Cavendish and the seemingly genuine overwhelming support for his Train on the sprint finishes gives me the same feeling. Cavendish constantly acknowledges his teammates and seeks them out ASAP at the finish line before doing anything else seems very genuine also.

echappist
07-24-2011, 05:03 PM
The entire scene looked very genuine....I think it says a lot...Well done from team conception, evolution, and execution by all. Very glad to see them adding TjVG...and the word on the street is that they are the early leaders to get Gilbert.....YIKES :beer:
Gotta feel for Van Avemaert though... Left Lotto to step out of the shadow of Gilbert, only to get Gilbert on the same team again...

bzbvh5
07-24-2011, 05:08 PM
I like the Garmin folks had a cutout of Dave Zabriski for the presentation of the Best Team award.

dekindy
07-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I like the Garmin folks had a cutout of Dave Zabriski for the presentation of the Best Team award.

I saw the cutout but was not sure what it was before the commentators confirmed it. Pretty neat.

victoryfactory
07-24-2011, 06:01 PM
A shout out to the Versus TV coverage too.
from the amazing HD shots and almost no breakup of
pictures to the name that chateau game and Alps views
to the tenacity of Craig Hummer getting the podium
interviews
to the great Phil and Paul (you try doing that) Whose
love of cycling and long experience trumps their
occasional mistakes.
What a show compared to how clunky VS started out a
few years ago.
It's amazing what a few million advertising dollars can do.
Not a bad race either. I can't wait till next year.

VF

MattTuck
07-24-2011, 06:02 PM
I saw the cutout but was not sure what it was before the commentators confirmed it. Pretty neat.

Should have had the model Dave from the Cervelo commercials.

mike p
07-24-2011, 06:16 PM
Best TDF I've seen in some time.

Mike

Bob Loblaw
07-24-2011, 08:29 PM
I am an unabashed Phil/Paul fan. They have awesome chemistry and the excitement of their call is infectious. Phil Liggett is the voice of cycling to me, has been since I started paying attention to the tour as a teenager. Father time is catching up to him, it's true, but it will be a sad day when he hangs up the mic.

Cadel definitely won me over last year with the class he showed while wearing the stripes, and he rode his guts out this Tour.

It was epic, and those guys rode with tons of panache...much more so than previous years where the contenders would wait till the second half of the last climb of a mountain stage to attack.

A shout out to the Versus TV coverage too.
from the amazing HD shots and almost no breakup of
pictures to the name that chateau game and Alps views
to the tenacity of Craig Hummer getting the podium
interviews
to the great Phil and Paul (you try doing that) Whose
love of cycling and long experience trumps their
occasional mistakes.
What a show compared to how clunky VS started out a
few years ago.
It's amazing what a few million advertising dollars can do.
Not a bad race either. I can't wait till next year.

VF