PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Legend Ti-Fleabay

FixedNotBroken
07-23-2011, 10:28 PM
Legend Ti I have been looking at. Is there anyway I can find out the year of this thing? I haven't ever owned a Serotta so I have no idea how they fit or how this would fit with it's dimensions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serottat-Legend-Ti-Frame-Set-Titanium-Road-Bike-49cm-/400230393067?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item5d2f9724eb#ht_2823wt_1147

A1CKot
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
If you get the serial number you can send an email Serotta's concierge program and they should be able to find a build sheet for it.

Serotta Concierge (http://serotta.com/concierge/)

dd74
07-23-2011, 11:18 PM
Legend Ti I have been looking at. Is there anyway I can find out the year of this thing? I haven't ever owned a Serotta so I have no idea how they fit or how this would fit with it's dimensions.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serottat-Legend-Ti-Frame-Set-Titanium-Road-Bike-49cm-/400230393067?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item5d2f9724eb#ht_2823wt_1147
You're 5-7? I think this would be too small for you. That Basso/Litespeed I posted would be more your size.

FixedNotBroken
07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
I have shorter legs..I am about 5'6 and 3/4ths. My Cervelo has a 51ST, and a 53.1TT. That Basso Ti will be too big for me with a 54TT and a 53ST.

FixedNotBroken
07-23-2011, 11:42 PM
It's frustrating because it seems as if whenever I have budgeted or set aside money for biking..I can never find what I want/need but when I am not looking to buy something and I have what I want/need, everything comes up! It's so frustrating.

dd74
07-24-2011, 01:54 AM
It's then time for a custom build, my friend. Trust me, you'll never look back.

FixedNotBroken
07-24-2011, 03:00 AM
That's my priority..but if I can find something like a Serotta for the right price i'd rather have that. I have been talking to custom builders :0

povofphilos
07-24-2011, 03:38 AM
i have that exact same problem, i found a rock lobster cross that i almost bought but i was a day too late, just two weeks ago when i wasnt looking for anything i saw all sorts of good deals coming up.

oliver1850
07-24-2011, 02:03 PM
Legend ST from around 2005/2006. Most would have come with an F3 fork.

Ken Robb
07-24-2011, 03:30 PM
when you set aside $$ and NOT found anything that suits you what did you do with the $$ ? :)

jr59
07-24-2011, 03:35 PM
It's frustrating because it seems as if whenever I have budgeted or set aside money for biking..I can never find what I want/need but when I am not looking to buy something and I have what I want/need, everything comes up! It's so frustrating.

If this isn't the truth!
I think it happens to all of us.
Just keep looking and you will find something just right for you.
I know it's hard, when you see great looking bikes everywhere you look, but you need to find yours. Have faith that it will happen. When it does you will be glad you waited.

good luck

Cinci Jim
07-24-2011, 04:11 PM
I bet it is a 50 or 51 effective ST w/ a little slope. It is custom, so it is anyones guess, but the TT of a 51 & a HT of 11, I'm betting a 50 or 51. No serial # listed, that would be the give away.

FixedNotBroken
07-24-2011, 09:31 PM
when you set aside $$ and NOT found anything that suits you what did you do with the $$ ? :)

Nothing yet, being patient and waiting :)

FixedNotBroken
07-24-2011, 09:33 PM
If this isn't the truth!
I think it happens to all of us.
Just keep looking and you will find something just right for you.
I know it's hard, when you see great looking bikes everywhere you look, but you need to find yours. Have faith that it will happen. When it does you will be glad you waited.

good luck

Agreed! It's just when I see bikes but they just turn out to be the wrong size or just way over priced, it bums me out! Oh well though. Thanks for the encouragement.

Here's a Merlin that says it's new..but there are some scratches. It says it's a women's Merlin but I don't see what would make it a women's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Merlin-Womens-Road-Bike-Frame-2006-Camena-Titanium-MD-/110693767957?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item19c5dcdb15#ht_500wt_928

THanks!

firerescuefin
07-24-2011, 09:44 PM
This is where Uncle Geoff reminds you that you have an awesome new Cervelo that you need to ride and dial in....Don't rush it and the right bike will fall in your lap. This is a buyers market and having cash is a Great thing.

That bike (The Camena) was Merlin's lady specific design, which probably = shorter toptube, higher headtube...something like that.

FixedNotBroken
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
This is where Uncle Geoff reminds you that you have an awesome new Cervelo that you need to ride and dial in....Don't rush it and the right bike will fall in your lap. This is a buyers market and having cash is a Great thing.

That bike (The Camena) was Merlin's lady specific design, which probably = shorter toptube, higher headtube...something like that.

You're right! I know..I will be patient and stop looking but let something appear to me. That would be a good attitude to have! Thanks for reminding me! Wise knowledge that was needed.

bigreen505
07-25-2011, 12:49 AM
FWIW I've had good dealings from that seller and will buy from them again, but I think they tend to exaggerate the good and hide the flaws of what they sell.

07-25-2011, 07:05 AM
Cinci is probably right. It looks like a sloping top tube so figure more like a 51 cm effective seat tube. That head tube is a bit of a giveaway. It should be about 9.5 cm for a 49 cm with a level top tube. It also means that the seat tube angle is probably pretty steep -- typical of smaller frames.

Generally, I'd say this is a bit overpriced at their starting bid. It's sad to say, but a used Serotta (like many top frames) doesn't hold its price these days, and titanium frames are even worse. I just bought an $8500 Meivici for $2200 in mint condition and a teammate just bought a virtually new Legend Ti for $950. I wouldn't say this in a seller's thread, but since you're the buyer, I'd consider a lower price unless the frame is spot-on what you want. Note that the prices I quoted are with King headsets and this has none. It's very sad that most frames aren't holding their value better, even classic ones like Serottas.

djg
07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Have you sent an email asking about measurements? HT, as mentioned, looks a bit long for a 49 cm bike. And it may be that the Pros Closet has limited information on hand. But sometimes a query can produce a couple of bits of key information that's not in the initial post. Is the opening bid high? I dunno - looks pretty shiny and newish and Legends are killer bikes. If it is as depicted, and it fits, it might be a smoking deal. If it doesn't fit, it's a shiny and newish pain.