PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Forum Kit Update as of TODAY--8-16-2011

BumbleBeeDave
07-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I received flat design proofs from Verge yesterday. I expect to get them approved by Monday and Kurt tells me ship date will now be August 5.

He also tells me there are two overseas orders. One is from Germany--that buyer has already contacted me to arrange re-shipping.

The other is from Australia . . . would that buyer PLEASE PM me to firm up details of how I will ship their items to them. Thanks . . .

BBD

Smiley
07-24-2011, 08:30 AM
BBDave,
I ordered a womens jersey sport cut, will this be part of my order cause I have heard nothing about minimums and if this was going to be switched I was not told or given this option. Having heard nothing one assumes my order including the womens cut in a sport cut will be honored?? Thanks for your efforts.

sc53
07-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I ordered two women's jerseys, one race cut and one club cut, both options were provided on the ordering page and I was charged etc, so I feel confident I'll be receiving my jerseys. But Smiley, I don't believe a "sport cut" was available, only race or club. One of the last posts by BBD back then was that Verge was going to make the women's jerseys even if the minimums weren't met. I know HappyGirl ordered at least one jersey too. So we may well have actually made the minimum!

Bruce K
07-24-2011, 11:37 AM
I believe you are correct.

No sport cut but women's jerseys made it I'm pretty sure.

BTW, it was decided that red shorts will have red flatlock stitching and the gray shorts will have gray flatlock stitching (vs black) just to jazz them up a bit.

BK

BumbleBeeDave
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM
. . . that only race and club cut jerseys were available and that Verge WILL be making all the women's items.

Bruce is correct about the stitching. :D

BBD

Smiley
07-24-2011, 11:48 AM
. . . that only race and club cut jerseys were available and that Verge WILL be making all the women's items.

Bruce is correct about the stitching/

BBD

sorry it was the club cut for my wife so I am glad the whole order made it too :)

BumbleBeeDave
07-25-2011, 08:36 PM
. . . and the designs are on their way to the factory for production.

The Bird is in the air and flying downrange . . .

BBD

wooly
07-26-2011, 10:57 PM
I can't wait to get my kit. Nice work keeping us up to date Dave.

wooly
07-26-2011, 10:57 PM
BTW - we should have a day where we all where our new Forum gear. It'd be cool being able to ID fellow forumites on the road.

Trigirl22
07-28-2011, 11:32 AM
BBDave & Smiley,

I couldn't decide between the two kit options so I order both:) hopefully my two women's race cut jerseys (and bibs) helped us make the minimum :) So looking forward to wearing them :banana:

keep he rubber side down :)

Trigirl22

sc53
07-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks Trigirl! Sounds like your order certainly helped us to make the minimum. We may have gotten orders for 10 jerseys plus all kinds of extras. I ordered a vest and armwarmers too!

jr59
08-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Sorry Dave, I did not see this thread!

Aug. 5 sounds good to me! :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
08-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Kurt at Verge said August 5 but I am not going to go Postal on him if that slips a few days. Looks like he is out of office this week and July-August are THE big vacation months, so I'm resting easy.

They have been ordered and are being produced. We made all the minimums and sold over 270 pieces total. They are producing all items including the womens. I'm very happy with how everything has gone and I'm sure the final product will live up to all of our expectations.

I was at an MS ride this past weekend where there were some people with newer Verge kit and I had an opportunity to get a close look at their standard honey comb fabric that our items will be made of. It's good looking material and the printing was crisp, clear, and colorful

Just out of personal curiositiy, it would be nice to know if anyone knows of any other online forum that has seen this kind of success with a group kit effort.

I think Wooly has a GREAT idea!. . . once we all get our stuff we should have a weekend where everybody gets pics of themselves in their new kit and then we post them!

BBD

AngryScientist
08-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I think Wooly has a GREAT idea!. . . once we all get our stuff we should have a weekend where everybody gets pics of themselves in their new kit and then we post them!

BBD

Bonus points if you ride with someone else in SF kit!

Elefantino
08-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Bonus points if you ride with someone else in SF kit!
Someone needs to wear theirs to Levi's Gran Fondo.

wooly
08-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I'll be wearing mine at the Orange County Gran Fondo.

CNY rider
08-03-2011, 07:28 PM
. We made all the minimums and sold over 270 pieces total.
BBD

That is an incredible number.
Well done Dave.
Is Serotta ever going to get the Exte Ondo gear going? Seems like they could have sold a ton of it based on these numbers.

AngryScientist
08-05-2011, 08:48 AM
it's the 5th, hopefully kits start shipping today!! :hello:

Pete Serotta
08-05-2011, 12:18 PM
it's the 5th, hopefully kits start shipping today!! :hello:

and then he will send to you as he takes it off his torso ;) ;) pre wash so it is original

dekindy
08-08-2011, 05:07 PM
That is an incredible number.
Well done Dave.
Is Serotta ever going to get the Exte Ondo gear going? Seems like they could have sold a ton of it based on these numbers.

NO.

BumbleBeeDave
08-08-2011, 06:11 PM
. . . from the factory to Verge in the lower Hudson Valley.

That's all I know at this time. Kurt needs to actually get it in his place and inspect the goods.

BBD

rdparadise
08-09-2011, 12:55 PM
from the factory regarding our kits? Would love to have this now that the weather has begun to turn a tad bit cooler.

Bob

BumbleBeeDave
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
from the factory regarding our kits? Would love to have this now that the weather has begun to turn a tad bit cooler.

Bob

The mechandise is in transit from Verge's factory in Poland to their corporate HQ in the lower Hudson Valley. Once it arrives there Kurt (their VP) will inspect it and then start shipping it out.

BBD

rdparadise
08-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Dave:

Thanks for the update. I guess I didn't understand your earlier message. I had no idea the factory was in Poland. Too bad that are not made in the good ole' USA. We could use some work around here.

Regards,

Bob

BumbleBeeDave
08-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Dave:

Thanks for the update. I guess I didn't understand your earlier message. I had no idea the factory was in Poland. Too bad that are not made in the good ole' USA. We could use some work around here.

Regards,

Bob

. . . but few of the companies available actually do production in the US and the few that did, definitely did not offer the best combination of selection, quality, and yes, price.

For Forum member in the context of trying to do the best for everyone ordering, we decided to go with Verge because they offered the best comibnation of all those things and their HQ, at least, is here in the US.

BBD

AngryScientist
08-12-2011, 07:30 AM
do we have an idea of ship date to the end users yet? i ask because i have a vacation planned and i'm trying to get a feel for what i need to do for mail stuff. also, do we know what service VERGE will use to ship to us?

sorry for the pesty-ness.

BumbleBeeDave
08-12-2011, 09:22 AM
I'll inquire of Kurt and let you know.

BBD

Smiley
08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
BBDave,
Any chance for future re-order dates down the road.

Trigirl22
08-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi -

Any update on the estimated arrival of the kits? thanks! :)

mnoble485
08-15-2011, 06:30 AM

Bob
If by a tad cooler you mean 95 instead of 98 and 80% humidity here in central Florida it is a scortcher!

Mike

BumbleBeeDave
08-15-2011, 08:14 AM
. . .to get ahold of Kurt and get an answer.

BBD

rdparadise
08-15-2011, 08:17 AM
If by a tad cooler you mean 95 instead of 98 and 80% humidity here in central Florida it is a scortcher!

Mike

Hey Mike:

No, actually, here in So. Jersey, it's gone from 90+ with high humidity to in the low 80's. Actually, in the mornings it has been very nice, in the 60's with a nice light breeze.

Bob

terrytnt
08-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Dave, another curious inquiry regarding the Serotta Kits... be great if we could get some idea on timing.

thx,

tnt

Pete Serotta
08-15-2011, 11:31 AM
:D

Sorry, but that is the best answer. Question of how soon??? Soon is the most accurate and in control by Dave or Ben.

Dave has done an excellent job of getting all of us to commit and then manage the time and availability.

I realize it is not as timely as any of us would like it to be, but Dave has busted his butt in pushing this forward.

THANKS SIR DAVE :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

jeo99
08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
As per usual, WELL STATED!

:D

Sorry, but that is the best answer. Question of how soon??? Soon is the most accurate and in control by Dave or Ben.

Dave has done an excellent job of getting all of us to commit and then manage the time and availability.

I realize it is not as timely as any of us would like it to be, but Dave has busted his butt in pushing this forward.

THANKS SIR DAVE :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

BumbleBeeDave
08-16-2011, 09:24 PM
I e-mailed Kurt at Verge and also left voice mail for him today and did not receive a response as of the close of business today.

I will continue to try to reach him tomorrow morning. The latest information I have from him was that the merchandise was shipped from their factor in Poland and he was waiting for it to be delivered to their HQ in downstate NY where he would inspect it before shipping.

All of that being said, I think it's entirely reasonable for people to be wondering when it will be shipped. Original predicted ship date was July 29, then August 8. Now it's August 16.

I will continue tomorrow morning trying to get an answer and post something the moment I do.

BBD

AngryScientist
08-17-2011, 06:28 AM
thanks Dave, dont sweat it too much, i'm sure it'll be on its way soon.

though i do admit it's discouraging when a company is aces to deal with right up until they have your order/$$ and stop answering the phone.

1happygirl
08-17-2011, 08:01 AM
Thanks Bee! Disappointing but glad they are quality checking before they put their name on it. I would rather have a nice quality premium product (that I paid extra for) in my mailbox than Sirota or missed stitching.

BumbleBeeDave
08-17-2011, 08:11 AM
both phone and e-mail messages for Kurt just now (9am Wednesday, 8-17).

I'll continue to try to contact him and let you know as asoon as I do. I am also anxious to get my kit and show it off!

BBD