CPP
07-22-2011, 03:49 PM
What a great day of racing in the tour

charliedid
07-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Indeed it was.

Spin71
07-22-2011, 05:53 PM
Three good days in a row. Cadel never attacked but covered some gaps like a monster. Hope He pulls off the TT.

soulspinner
07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
This one winds up being entertaining after crash city and the time trial ends up being set up as perfectly as can be- a short but hilly time trial where one wonders if schleck could lose a minute.....shades of GL and LF........................ :banana:

itsflantastic
07-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Cadel seems to be one of the classiest guys racing. I'm really hoping he kills it in the time trial tomorrow and wins the whole thing. 57 seconds isn't THAT much, right?

MattTuck
07-22-2011, 07:37 PM
From cyclingnews: "Schleck, whose last race before the Tour was the Tour de Suisse, conceded that he had never ridden the Grenoble course and only knew it from television footage. "But I know a little bit what it's like from talking to the guys who did it in the Dauphine," he said. "Everybody tells me it's a course that suits me well, so I believe them... and I hope to show a great performance tomorrow."

I just don't understand how you plan to win the tour and have not ridden this decisive stage route. I mean, I understand if you don't want to ride the Dauphine, but c'mon! If I were him, I'd be out driving the route in a car several times tonight, and on the bike several times tomorrow.

To me, this is like a quarterback going into the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl saying "Yeah, I feel pretty good, but we haven't really thought too much about our strategy, or what our opponents usually do in the 4th quarter, my team mates say I should be good"

I do like both Andy and Cadel, actually I like most of the riders and have to say that I was afraid this one was going to be another run away GC victory. But I've been VERY pleased (with the exception of Wiggins, Horner, etc. crashing out) with the way the GC has shaped up.

I think my only hope for tomorrow is that the guys leave everything out on the road and the race isn't decided by a mechanical. An accident would suck too, but bike handling is part of the discipline.

thinpin
07-22-2011, 08:53 PM
I have to go back to Roche -Delgado battle on the Plagne in 87 to find a tour I've enjoyed so much, and this is way better. Bring on the TT.