PDA

View Full Version : Sidi Ergo2 compared to Genius 6.6

tv_vt
07-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone tried out both of these shoes? Do they fit the same or are they different? Seems I read somewhere they fit a little differently. Would appreciate any insight you could offer if you've tried them both.

Thanks,

Thom

firerescuefin
07-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Thom,

I rode a previous version of the Genius and Ergo 1 before I purchased the 2's. Sizing wasn't any different, but it took a couple of rides for my feet to feel like they were at home. The heal securing adjustment is a good upgrade. Overall, they're awesome shoes. I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

I asked a similar question a few months ago

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=80609&highlight=ergo

mgm777
07-22-2011, 03:44 PM
I wear the Ergo IIs and have been very happy with them. Full disclosure...I have skinny, narrow feet and definitely need the adjustable heel retention thingy on the Ergo II. I have heard the Genius 6.6 fit is very similar, but just a tad wider in feel than the Ergo IIs. I am not sure if they are actually wider or just feel wider due to the different rentention system.

Tommy Mac
07-23-2011, 09:33 AM
I find they fit pretty much identically. The only real difference is the velcro middle strap on the 6.6 (which I prefer). I love the tighter heel on these versions, and the standard width fits my wide foot well.

Mud
07-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Sidi says the Ergos are narrower than the 6.6

bluestu
07-23-2011, 09:42 PM
...is the ergos have the adjustable heel retention device and the 6.6's have non-adjusting heel retention (but can be retro-fitted with the adjustables)

pdmtong
07-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Sidi says the Ergos are narrower than the 6.6

This is true. I've asked this of sidi multiple times at sea otter the past years (US office based a few miles away) and gotten same consistent answer.

If I never had the ergo 2, I would be happy with the 6.6. But I do have the ergo 2 and it flat out fits me better. and, it has the adjustable heel thing which works for me.

I still use my 6.6's occassionally.

Also, the older ergo 2 (non-carbonlite) is stiffer.

get the one that fits your budget and dont look back. These both work better for *ME* than shimano, DMT and 2010 s-works.