PDA

View Full Version : Stage 17 Spoiler: hairy and super human

William
07-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Hairy freakin decent!!! :eek:

Bosen Hagen looking awfully Schumacher like.

Lets see how AS hangs on the last decent.....

W.

William
07-20-2011, 09:55 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

W.

yodelinpol
07-20-2011, 09:57 AM
William. You are killing me. PM me with what is going on in the race!

fiamme red
07-20-2011, 09:58 AM

William
07-20-2011, 10:03 AM
William. You are killing me. PM me with what is going on in the race!

Too much going on to keep up with. :crap:

AC doesn't need a team while he has Sanchez.

TV surprisingly keeps his jersey despite almost going down, and then going off the course on the decent.

A number guys go down....and some really sketchy wheel hopping at speed.

Bosen Hagen wins after another amazing effort.

This Tour ain't boring anymore!!

W.

William
07-20-2011, 10:07 AM
<edit> Boasson Hagen.

W.

rustychain
07-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Så Bra Norge

Contador will not win the tour. The look on his face as Evans and Schleck pull up to say hi as he crossed the line, priceless

CPP
07-20-2011, 10:20 AM
It's a good thing that the guy that owns that car park on that downhill curve left it's gate open!!!!!

roguedog
07-20-2011, 10:21 AM
It's a good thing that the guy that owns that car park on that downhill curve left it's gate open!!!!!

he shoulda charged toll. heh.

man some lucky fellas out there today on that descent. whew.

tele
07-20-2011, 10:22 AM
Så Bra Norge

Contador will not win the tour. The look on his face as Evans and Schleck pull up to say hi as he crossed the line, priceless
where in the hell did the Schlekettes/Evans come from? No camera on them on the descent/run in. :crap:

How did AC turn into a good descender? I dont remember him being so good in previous years, as a matter of fact I remember him being really bad!

Karin Kirk
07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Love that driveway - saving two riders from disaster. TV catches air as he goes into it. Awesome.

I'm not sure how that chase group caught AC and Sanchez right at the line. Where did they come from? Good for them for fighting back.

1happygirl
07-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Så Bra Norge

Contador will not win the tour.

Yeah!!!! Så Bra Norge indeed

If you're going on pure oxygen and not peds, Norge rules.
'Member that guy that cycled to Everest, climbed (to the summit also without 02), and then cycled back home?

Go Norway!!!!

noflysonme
07-20-2011, 10:42 AM
Damn, slept thru the good stuff!

What happened on the climb?

William
07-20-2011, 11:18 AM
Damn, slept thru the good stuff!

What happened on the climb?

AC took some digs at the contenders but they all brought him back. FS took a half heated dig at one point. AS appeared to indicate he would lead the decent when going over the top by waving off the guy next to him...but the next thing you know AC and Sanchez were blowing down the decent with the rest nowhere in sight.

That was a wild decent, and the constant jump from shade to sun to shade with rough pave made it that much harder....bouncing and sliding galore.

W.

climbgdh
07-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Man-o-man..... that Boassen-Hagen kid can really ride!! Go Norway!!

patrick8037
07-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Do all Norwegians have gapped teeth or just Thor and Boss Hagen?

firerescuefin
07-20-2011, 11:52 AM
Not sure but it looks like they have no problem "gapping" the rest of the field.

Entertaining...each rider needed a rally co-driver/navigator on that descent.

I think people are mistaken for selling AC short. He seems to be getting stronger, and regardless of whether you love/hate is there to race, not mark wheels.

bozman
07-20-2011, 11:58 AM
that descent made me pucker.

I wish Voeckler could win this Tour. He has the heart of a lion.

FL_MarkD
07-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I enjoyed the racing today. Can't wait until tomorrow's HC epic.

I think AC and Sanchez gave it their best to pull away on the descent, but the other GC contenders worked together on the last flat section and pulled back the gap. The Versus coverage at least didn't show them pulling back, so I know at least I was a bit nervous wondering where 'my guy Evans' was behind AC.

Mark

FlashUNC
07-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Is it just me or is Contador's team so horrible he's decided to cherry pick riders from other Spanish teams to work with now?

I guess Sanchez is now Frank to Contador's Andy...

wac0202
07-20-2011, 01:51 PM
Is it just me or is Contador's team so horrible he's decided to cherry pick riders from other Spanish teams to work with now?

well said

Tom
07-20-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah!!!! Så Bra Norge indeed

If you're going on pure oxygen and not peds, Norge rules.
'Member that guy that cycled to Everest, climbed (to the summit also without 02), and then cycled back home?

Go Norway!!!!

No, but I do remember Goran Kropp from Sweden who rode unsupported to Everest from Sweden, turned back 350 feet below the summit because he ran out of time and rode back home. To Sweden.

MattTuck
07-20-2011, 02:03 PM

This made me laugh. Post of the day, in my opinion.

Didn't this happen in the Giro too? He rode away with one of his old astana team mates.

:cool:

CPP
07-20-2011, 02:35 PM

I agree that Contador's team is crap but I think that the two riding together makes sense. They have a common intrest in gaining time on the Brotherhood and Evans. Sanchez is trying to win a podium spot and who better to ally himself with than Contador.

Et voila:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/07/news/sanchez-contador-allies-on-and-off-the-road_185125

1happygirl
07-21-2011, 01:47 AM
No, but I do remember Goran Kropp from Sweden who rode unsupported to Everest from Sweden, turned back 350 feet below the summit because he ran out of time and rode back home. To Sweden.

LOL. Oops. Thanks. I thought I remember reading about a Norge too.
I'll look for it, but MY BAD.

rustychisel
07-21-2011, 02:18 AM
I agree that Contador's team is crap but I think that the two riding together makes sense. They have a common intrest in gaining time on the Brotherhood and Evans. Sanchez is trying to win a podium spot and who better to ally himself with than Contador.

Et voila:

http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/07/news/sanchez-contador-allies-on-and-off-the-road_185125

Yeah, it's a natural 'on the road' alliance. As the top dog, the one tipped to inherit, Cadel finds himself no allies at all. Hincapie's doing a great job, but there's a lot of exposed mountain roads now.

It's curious, in a way, that every other rider has something to gain from Cadel failing, since he's in second place... Voeckler has plenty to gain from it yet almost no-one actually believes he can win. The others - Schleck x 2, Contador, Basso, Sanchez etc all either have a shot or can go up in the GC, ie see a place on the podium as a real possibility.

It's enthralling, and I hope it doesn't come down to a retirement due to crashing for any of the contenders.

d_douglas
07-21-2011, 03:26 AM
I get a kick when I see roadies catching air and surviving it - TV showed some good bike handling skills to stay up there.

I never paid attention to him before, but now I hope he wins, though his 'can't do' attitude may be to his disadvantage. Confidence is what wins races (and life!)

I would love to see Evans win as well - he is a workhorse and deserves to win this race at least once in his life. He's tough.

thinpin
07-21-2011, 03:56 AM
It raises the spectre of national allegiances over trade teams and issues around professionalism. Cadel has many possible helpers from an Aussie POV but would they cross team bounderies to help if it was needed. I dont think so. Then there is the notion of the "English speakers" supporting each other. Did happen for Roche in the Giro in 87 but I suspect those days are gone.

Lifelover
07-21-2011, 06:41 AM
..... Hincapie's doing a great job, ....

George is reason enough for me to pull for Cadel.

Assuming Cadel wins, how many winning teams will GH had been on now?

9?! Maybe more historic than Lance's 7.

soulspinner
07-21-2011, 06:55 AM
George is reason enough for me to pull for Cadel.

Assuming Cadel wins, how many winning teams will GH had been on now?

9?! Maybe more historic than Lance's 7.

+1- Georde is a strongman yet again. I think it would be nine, 3 riders :beer:

pmac
07-21-2011, 07:48 AM
I get a kick when I see roadies catching air and surviving it - TV showed some good bike handling skills to stay up there.

I never paid attention to him before, but now I hope he wins, though his 'can't do' attitude may be to his disadvantage. Confidence is what wins races (and life!)

I know what you mean, but if you base his attitude on both words and actions, his actions speak loudest and are anything but 'can't do'.