PDA

View Full Version : Shout out to Steve in SLO

henrypretz
07-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I am pretty much a lurker here, but appreciate the camaraderie and general vibe that is shared here on the forum. With that in mind I rather boldly PMd Steve in SLO last week to get some ideas for routes to ride during our weekend trip to his locale. Now, Steve doesn't know me from Adam, yet he graciously took the time to give detailed directions to numerous routes that he thought might fit the bill. What a generous act! We did end up doing one of the rides that he suggested, and it worked out perfectly! Steve even went so far as to assure that the weather was perfect during the time we were out on the road ;) The whole weekend was great (we camped and did an annual running event (http://raceresults.eternaltiming.com/index.cfm/20110716_Brian_Waterbury_Memorial_Rock_to_Pier_Fun _Run.htm?Fuseaction=Results&Bib=151) there in Morro Bay) and Steve's input made it all that much better.

So a very sincere public "thank you" to Steve. You truly went above and beyond on the kindness scale :beer:

Henry

Here's a picture from the ride.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17843554/morro.jpg

phcollard
07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
Awesome bike and awesome pic. And to add to awesomeness that was for sure an awesome ride :)

You Guys are lucky to have California!

Pete Serotta
07-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Been up there the last two years with a group of good friends. Bob and Sue Long were very gracious in arranging a week of festivities, sun, and fun.

Some great wineries were also there. :beer:

I set new course records..............
for slowness and still moving forward.

It was a little strange to see a turtle pass me up one of the hills near CAMBRIA

PETE

bigflax925
07-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Great pic!

While not on a bike trip trip, I was just south of Steve in Channel Islands and dropped him a PM. He gave me some great suggestions on places to see and things to do. My wife and kids really appreciated his ideas.

Kudos to Steve in SLO.

Steve in SLO
07-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Thanks for the public calling out, Henry.
I was and will always be glad to do that type of thing. I have gotten some good suggestions here, so if I can help out or make someone's trip a bit better, then I am all for doing it.
Lord knows I need the ++ Karma when winter comes and I start posting pics of my sunny California rides. :cool:

soulspinner
07-19-2011, 06:20 AM
what color is that bike, ciao baby? sweet :beer: