PDA

View Full Version : Thanks guys!

Germany_chris
07-18-2011, 06:05 AM
So with your recommendation I took my rear tubular down to 120psi. Well on the cobble ride I pinch flatted. Now I'm back to 160psi. :crap: :D

Pete Serotta
07-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Hope the rest of your weekend went well. Sorry about the flat. PETE

Germany_chris
07-18-2011, 06:52 AM
It's ok I knew better..that the reason I started on $30 tubular's vs. $150. Learn on the cheap stuff!!

avalonracing
07-18-2011, 07:18 AM
I say you go for 200psi! ;)

AngryScientist
07-18-2011, 07:31 AM
Chris - have you considered using tubeless wheels and tires?

it's an expensive experiment, but at your weight and riding style, you would seem to be the ideal candidate for tubeless, i think it's virtually impossible to pinch flat a tubeless set-up, which is why the MTB crowd has embraced them.

just a thought.

Germany_chris
07-18-2011, 07:43 AM
Chris - have you considered using tubeless wheels and tires?

it's an expensive experiment, but at your weight and riding style, you would seem to be the ideal candidate for tubeless, i think it's virtually impossible to pinch flat a tubeless set-up, which is why the MTB crowd has embraced them.

just a thought.

Just like not pinch flatting tubies.. ;)

I like tubeless in Mountain Bikes, I won't go tuless road until there is a bigger selection of tires and rims. I'd also like to give road tubless a few years to mature..For the thime being I'll just run 160ish which is not uncomfortable then this winter get some 27's and have a go with those in the spring.. :beer:

oldpotatoe
07-18-2011, 08:06 AM
Just like not pinch flatting tubies.. ;)

I like tubeless in Mountain Bikes, I won't go tuless road until there is a bigger selection of tires and rims. I'd also like to give road tubless a few years to mature..For the thime being I'll just run 160ish which is not uncomfortable then this winter get some 27's and have a go with those in the spring.. :beer:

If I remember correctly, you mentioned you were somewhere north of .1 offa ton(.12 + if I remember)..so some consideration to tire pressure coupled with where you are riding(cobbles) is necessary, yes?

'no such thing as a free lunch'......

forrestw
07-18-2011, 08:12 AM
yeah I prefer high inflation pressures and the roads where I ride are mostly smooth enough that I have no need for any extra compliance from inflating lower than the 120-150 range.

oldguy00
07-18-2011, 08:17 AM
So with your recommendation I took my rear tubular down to 120psi. Well on the cobble ride I pinch flatted. Now I'm back to 160psi. :crap: :D

I'm confused (happens often...)....how did you pinch flat a tubular??

Germany_chris
07-18-2011, 08:17 AM
If I remember correctly, you mentioned you were somewhere north of .1 offa ton(.12 + if I remember)..so some consideration to tire pressure coupled with where you are riding(cobbles) is necessary, yes?

'no such thing as a free lunch'......

Yea..

I was just giving you guys a hard time since when I said 170 everyone taked about over inflation :beer:

I'm two normal cyclists so yea .12, but hey I can still run 10:30 mile for 4 or so without special shoes..bike tire should be the same when riding that fast right :D ;)

Germany_chris
07-18-2011, 08:20 AM
I'm confused (happens often...)....how did you pinch flat a tubular??

you hear the rim make that tinf sound while hitting a cobble, if you happen to be turing at that time the tire is offset from the rim then 500' later you practice a tire change..honestly if I weighed less it wouldn't/couldn't/shouldn't happen.