PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy the the 4th! - What's everyone up to?

BURCH
07-01-2005, 01:39 PM
I am heading to a friend's cabin in the Catskills. Sorry guys but it is a mountain biking weekend. Getting ready to leave work shortly....so excited to get away for a long weekend.

Enjoy the 4th everyone and stay out of traffic if you can!

dirtdigger88
07-01-2005, 03:20 PM
doing the "Lake" thing with the family- hope to get in a couple rides in between catching fish

Jason

Dr. Doofus
07-01-2005, 04:21 PM
goin house sittin

for in-laws

three days in mountains

see how doof climbs after a month off

davep
07-01-2005, 04:37 PM
Staying home and riding. 200 - 300 miles this weekend, if the rain holds off, or maybe even if it doesn't. And hopefully watching some fo the TdF. Have a great Fourth everyone.

H.Frank Beshear
07-01-2005, 10:36 PM
I thought I would smoke a couple butts, cook up some red, and chill a few homies. If I'm lucky maybe get in a ride or two. Have a safe one folks. I always have plenty to share if you know what I mean. ;) :beer: :banana: Frank

gasman
07-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Working-on call :crap: but off on Monday ! Maybe a ride then.
Fireworks Monday night-thank goodness for the reservations in Washington state ;)

weisan
07-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Going on a long "solo" ride (5~6hrs) in a few minutes...after that, help wife with cleaning up the house, have fun with the kids on planting American flags everywhere around the yard....and finally, the brand new gas grill we got six months ago and has been sitting inside the garage ever since...it shall be "inaugurated!"

ok...gotta run...er...I mean bike...hope everyone of my pals here have a GREAT july4th.

Here's to you, Dave-pal (Thompson)...and your son in service of his country...
http://www.realtyease.com/images/4th-july.jpg

97CSI
07-02-2005, 01:13 PM
Just came down from the top of Mt. Evans (14,264'). That sucker is steep those last few miles above the lake. Coming down was easy, though. I'm a bit of a chicken at descending and apply brakes a bit at 50 (don't want to mess up my good looks :D so just sit up to apply the air brakes), but my riding companion is a former racer and hit 59.6. Great 28 miles down the mountain into Idaho Springs. Climb is a bit O2 deprived for us flatlanders. Will spend the 4th out shooting. A fine USA tradition for the holiday. Those targets had best look out.