PDA

View Full Version : Any buying experience with Pierre Qui Roule?

Scott Shire
07-16-2011, 01:09 PM
About 2 weeks ago I finally found a part that's eluded me for years - a 40/100 1 1/8 Black NOS Cinelli Integralter bar/stem combo. I found it at Pierre Qui Roule (http://www.pierrequiroule.fr/articles_H1.php?id=03350) , a french vendor. I took my very crude knowledge of francais, and my Visa, and took the plunge at ~$255 shipped. (I know, but I've been wanting these FOREVER...)

PQR responded quickly with a tracking number through Collissimo. Unfortunately, that tracking number indicates that the package was delivered on July 13th. I have not received the part, nor have I gotten any kind of notice regarding a delivery attempt.

I used the "contact us" link on PQR's page to describe my situation but haven't heard back yet.

When I've ordere bikes from Japan, EPS handed off to USPS in New York, so maybe Collissimo has counted this handoff as "delivered"? :confused:

Any tips would be much appreciated.

Here's the email I've sent (as a reply to their initial communication; it is not a reply-able address so I copied onto their "contact us" form)

Bonjour!

I ordered Cinelli Integralter shipped to Atlanta, GA, USA. Colissimo says it was delivered. I did not receive the item. There was no note left by the postal carrier. Any help would be great. Thank you!

Scott Shire

> To: scottshire@hotmail.com
> Subject: Envoi de votre commande Pierre qui Roule
> From: info@pierrequiroule.fr
> Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2011 17:03:25 +0200
>
>
> Cher M. SHIRE,
>
> Nous vous confirmons l'envoi de votre commande.
> Vous pouvez la suivre sur http://www.coliposte.net/gp/index.jsp
> Votre numéro de colissimo : EY019367026FR
> Merci pour votre confiance et à bientôt sur www.pierrequiroule.fr

Scott Shire
07-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Not everybody all at once -- take turns! :p

1centaur
07-17-2011, 09:06 AM
Contact Collisimo and ask where they dropped it off?

phcollard
07-17-2011, 09:14 AM
Colissimo is just another service from La Poste (french equivalent of USPS).

Here's what USPS says about your parcel... I would contact them to ask where the hell the package is!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3032014/usps.png

Scott Shire
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
First of all, thanks for responding. Monsieur Collard, thank you for doing research! I just got back from New Orleans this morning -- to no package, alas -- and checked this thread. I called USPS and they got it all figured out. I'm going to ride over to the post office now and pick up my Integralter. I really was paralyzed in this situation. Once again the Forum has come to my rescue! :banana:

In particular, many thanks to @phcollard -- you solved my problem, and I really, really appreciate it. If you're ever in Atlanta, or plan on attending NAHBS this year, please allow me to buy you a tasty beverage.

In their defense, PQR did write me back to tell me they were looking into the matter, and would be happy to refund all monies if the bars never arrived.