PDA

View Full Version : Some sad news from Delaware.....

Liberace
07-16-2011, 11:17 AM
I got this message from my local bicycle activist in town. What is up with some people?

http://bikedel.blogspot.com/2011/07/urban-bike-project-robbed-vandalized.html

Urban Bike Project robbed, vandalized and depleted of all its inventory.

Special message from Laura Saperstein, Volunteer Coordinator, Urban Bike Project

It is with heavy heart that I share with you our sad news. Today, when one of our crew arrived at the Urban Bike Project, it was only to discover that it had been vandalized and depleted of all its inventory some time throughout the night.
For this reason, I must tell you that Open Shop, our regularly scheduled hours on Thursdays and Saturdays, will be CLOSED until further notice. For all those who have signed up to volunteer at Open Shop tomorrow (7/16/11), and Thursday (7/21/11), please consider joining us again soon when we reopen. But for right now, we have no bikes to offer our community; and, while we would rather be spending our time of service to those in need, we will, instead, be using it to clean up and regroup.

We plan to keep everyone up to date on our progress; but, please check back regularly via our website or Facebook page for more information. We foresee the need for a volunteer only "bike-rebuild" night and/or a bike drive in the near future. If you or anyone you know, are interested in participating, please let me know, and I will keep you informed directly, of dates and times, as they are scheduled.

Although this is a very untimely and unfortunate wrench in our works, we want to THANK YOU, our friends, donors and supporters who have helped us make this summer one of its most successful yet!

As a side note, Mechanics class, scheduled for Monday, July 18th, will run according to plan. And, so shall our Youth Earn-A-Bike program scheduled for next week. We are looking forward to serving our community's kids and have planned a really special program for them, led by Corry, and with the support of the White Clay Bike Club, DelDot, and our LCI's, John, CeCi, and Paul.
Thank you again for your understanding, and we hope to see you very soon

ultraman6970
07-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Ufff... hope they catch them and let them in the can for a few years.

BumbleBeeDave
07-16-2011, 07:18 PM
. . . in Hell for those who would do something like this. :butt: :mad:

BBD

cat6
07-16-2011, 07:31 PM
i've got a box of spare parts (stems, handlebars, pedals) that i was going to donate to my local bike co-op. i wonder if they'd be interested in parts donations to help get them back on their feet, or if they're throwing in the towel.

i wonder what their inventory consisted of? i'd imagine it difficult for thieves to make off with a large number of bikes without a truck of some sort.

"DON'T STEAL BIKES, BRO!"