PDA

View Full Version : Assos shorts question (again)

oldguy00
07-01-2005, 08:58 AM
Aside from 50 bucks, what is the difference between the ASSOS T FI Mille short, and the ASSOS T FI.13 S2 short??
thanks!

Brian
07-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Unfortunately, I own only the FI.Mille. They are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn, and are the only shorts I'll wear on rides longer than 60 miles. Personally, I can’t imagine the FI.13 being any more comfortable than the FI.Mille. And if I’m not mistaken, Assos bills the FI.Mille as the “long distance short” – or something like that.

Be careful with the sizing, though. I’m 5’ 10” and the Assos size chart puts me in a Large. When I ordered the Large and wore them on a century ride, they tore me to shreds! I complained to Assos and they said that I should have ordered a Medium. As a result of my bad experience, they refunded my money for the Large shorts and sent me a FREE pair of Medium bibs! Now that’s standing behind your product. The Mediums fit like a glove.

NateM
07-01-2005, 02:45 PM
the mille has a thicker chamois and is contoured differently.Almost like the older Capionissmo (sp?) but thicker.

TriJim
07-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Main differences:

FI.13 - two pads, one shaped like bike seat covered by second larger pad; both are sewn to shorts, fabric is sewn together by overlapping stitching (vs. overlapping short material), leg elastic is separate piece of material below short fabric, and extra V-shape panels in front.
FI.1 - two pads sewn together and then sewn as a single pad to shorts, short material is overlapped and then sewn (with excess material and sewn seam inside shorts), leg elastic is attached inside bottom of fabric.

Both shorts show materials as 80% Polyamid and 20% Elasthan, but FI.1 material is a bit more shiny and slick. Fit for Large Bibs is about the same for both.

Hope this helps.

oldguy00
07-02-2005, 05:51 AM
Unfortunately, I own only the FI.Mille. They are the most comfortable shorts I have ever worn, and are the only shorts I'll wear on rides longer than 60 miles. Personally, I can’t imagine the FI.13 being any more comfortable than the FI.Mille. And if I’m not mistaken, Assos bills the FI.Mille as the “long distance short” – or something like that.

Be careful with the sizing, though. I’m 5’ 10” and the Assos size chart puts me in a Large. When I ordered the Large and wore them on a century ride, they tore me to shreds! I complained to Assos and they said that I should have ordered a Medium. As a result of my bad experience, they refunded my money for the Large shorts and sent me a FREE pair of Medium bibs! Now that’s standing behind your product. The Mediums fit like a glove.

Brian,
How much do you weigh?
Did they cut into you because they were too loose length wise, or were you too thin for them?

NateM
07-02-2005, 02:04 PM
I have both in L. I am 5'10 with a inseam of 86cm,weigh 145 lbs.I am very thin. The Mille is slightly looser fitting than the FI.13. A medium would be tight but wearable. The FI.13 medium would be way to tight and short in the bib straps.Hope this helps.Nate