PDA

View Full Version : help me understand ACs last crash

soulspinner
07-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Looks like Karpets intentionally knocked him off, yet no repercussions. I watched it over and over and theres no mistaking it. AC even says he hit Karpets bars but its racing and these things happen a lot in a crowded peloton. What am I missing?

rice rocket
07-15-2011, 01:17 PM
His bars hooked Karpets's saddle, as he admitted plainly. How is that Karpets's fault?

soulspinner
07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
He said he touched, not hooked bars and Karpets had him off by headbutting and leaning into him. Watch it carefully.

rice rocket
07-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Watch what carefully? The one blurry camera shot from 100 riders back?

Contador verified that version of events, explaining, "I got my handlebar tangled up with his seat. I got knocked off balance and crashed. It was an accident."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/karpets-and-contador-diplomatic-on-stage-9-crash

veloduffer
07-15-2011, 01:58 PM
He said he touched, not hooked bars and Karpets had him off by headbutting and leaning into him. Watch it carefully.

AC hooked onto Karpets bike and Karpet had to right himself to keep from falling over. Nothing intentional involved.

Idris Icabod
07-15-2011, 02:08 PM
Not sure how a guy of Contador's size gets his bars wrapped around Karpets saddle. There must be about 18 inches height difference between the two.

soulspinner
07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Watch what carefully? The one blurry camera shot from 100 riders back?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/karpets-and-contador-diplomatic-on-stage-9-crash

Did not see that or misread that he got the bars in his saddle....that would explain the hard shift to the left Karpets made

Seramount
07-15-2011, 03:07 PM
seeing El Pissant-alero get ejected from the pack, my initial reaction was that it was an intentional move by Karpets...

but, if AC said it was an accident, then there's no reason to not believe him.

bambam
07-15-2011, 03:33 PM
if AC's Bars, hands, levers hit VK it might have hit the seats post as well due to the difference in height. This probably kept his bars from wavering to the right andturned his bike quickly to the left instead. Sort of like when people touch wheels and the person in the back overcompensates by turning the bars. At that close proximity AC's front wheel may have come in contact with VK's pedal, crank or leg as well pulling him making it look like he gave AC an bump. Or maybe AC's scared of VK.

BdaGhisallo
07-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Perhaps Vlad got tired of El Pistolero's cheesy and tacky victory salute and expressed his distaste in the clearest possible fashion.

davidlee
07-15-2011, 04:50 PM
What I find more amazing is how every time I see "Bert", He's solo in the pack, solo chasing back on after these crashes , grabbing h20 bottles. There's NEVER a team rider within 10 feet of him.
Are there any other Saxo riders in the race??
If he pulls this win off somehow, he really is a one man army in my opinion.
d

soulspinner
07-15-2011, 08:44 PM
What I find more amazing is how every time I see "Bert", He's solo in the pack, solo chasing back on after these crashes , grabbing h20 bottles. There's NEVER a team rider within 10 feet of him.
Are there any other Saxo riders in the race??
If he pulls this win off somehow, he really is a one man army in my opinion.
d

+1 without better support and the giro having taken something out of him, hes got an uphill battle.....

oldpotatoe
07-16-2011, 07:20 AM
+1 without better support and the giro having taken something out of him, hes got an uphill battle.....

'Seems' like Saxo, Radioshak, Astana have all had a lot of mechanicals, bad luck...wonder why.

BdaGhisallo
07-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Oldpotatoe,

You S hould R eally A xplain M ore about what you are hinting at!

oldpotatoe
07-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Oldpotatoe,

You S hould R eally A xplain M ore about what you are hinting at!

teehee......

soulspinner
07-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Bad srambled eggs? :rolleyes: