PDA

View Full Version : Off to the Dolomites!

jeffg
07-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Well, after my mother-in-law being stranded at the airport due to bad weather in the States, we should be leaving for Italy and the Maratona late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

Other than a slight hamstring issue (not cycling induced), I am pumped!

Climb01742
07-01-2005, 03:19 AM
wow. no wait, double-wow. you are really making wonderful use of being in europe. doubly impressive because you'll be tackling these monsters off of indoor training. of course, based on your good fortune of having your mother-in-law left stranded over here, clearly...luck is smiling on you! have fun and a ride report please! :beer:

jeffg
07-01-2005, 04:14 AM
wow. no wait, double-wow. you are really making wonderful use of being in europe. doubly impressive because you'll be tackling these monsters off of indoor training. of course, based on your good fortune of having your mother-in-law left stranded over here, clearly...luck is smiling on you! have fun and a ride report please! :beer:

Climb:

Actually, I need to clarify the mother-in-law issue. She was stranded on her way out here, so it is lucky she's here now. Otherwise it would be a total SNAFU (we can't leave and have her fend for herself here in Frankfurt!). My brother-in-law was supposed to show but he wussed out (actually it was a family issue :D ) so we'll miss him but make the best of it. Maybe he can ride next year! Hey, next year Serotta folk should enter a Gran Fondo together! :banana:

William
07-01-2005, 05:58 AM
Envious, but hoping you have a fun & safe time. I second Climb, ride report please...when you can. :)

William

christian
07-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Fantastic ride, that!

You'll miss the western ascent of the Falzarego, where the road parallels the Rio Falzarego, and where you have the best views of the Marmolada, but other than that, it can't really be bettered. Bring armwarmers and a plastic bag for the descents!

On your day off, if you have one, you might like to do a quick spin of Corvara - Arabba - Falzarego - Valparolla - S. Cassiano - Corvara. Kind of anti-clockwise around the Alta Badia.

Either way, you're in for a treat. I am so jealous!

- Christian