PDA

View Full Version : Landis-Power Tap-Tour de France

keno
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
I just received an email from Saris, which they call "The Saris Source", a monthly newsletter, in which the following appears:

"CYCLEOPS AND BICYCLING.COM PARTNER FOR EXCLUSIVE VIEW OF TOUR DE FRANCE

For all 23 days of the Tour de France, Floyd Landis will race with a CycleOps Powertap SL laced into his Zipp wheels recording power and energy consumption as well as speed, distance, time and cadence. At the end of every stage, Allen Lim PhD., Landis' training advisor will analyze these ride files and present this information exclusively on Bicycling.com. Lim's daily analysis will focus on the stage's physiological highlights such as kilojoules burned, max power, average power etc. He will also take on a more detailed discussion of a topic relevant to the day's events such as hydration, pacing, aerodynamics and tactics. Visitors to the site will also have a chance to win CycleOps products including a Fluid2 trainer, Indoor Cycle Pro300PT and Powertap SL by entering the CycleOps Weekly Power Sweepstakes.

"This is the first time an athlete of Floyd's caliber, someone truly considered a contender, has made information of this quality available to the general public," says Allen Lim PhD., Director of Education for CycleOps products, "it will be fascinating to be able to analyze and share it with the world.""

keno

Dr. Doofus
06-30-2005, 05:07 PM
floyd no contendah

could win ardennes classic if he put his mind to it....

alembical
06-30-2005, 06:38 PM
I never understand this. How much money can Floyd be getting paid to use this. It is not really a training tool at this stage, as it is the Tour. The powertaps have gotten really good and much lighter, but still he is sacrificing some performance. He has to be. They at the very least weigh more.

Alembical

William
07-01-2005, 05:56 AM
I never understand this. How much money can Floyd be getting paid to use this. It is not really a training tool at this stage, as it is the Tour. The powertaps have gotten really good and much lighter, but still he is sacrificing some performance. He has to be. They at the very least weigh more.

Alembical
Money....is a Strong Persuader. ;)

William

bpm
07-01-2005, 07:11 AM
I don't know what Landis' bike weighs, but I'd guess it's right at the UCI limit anyways. Adding a heavier hub probably just means they'll shave a little weight somewhere else and still keep it right at the UCI limit. No real harm done.

dirtdigger88
07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
The new carbon power tap hubs have a claimed weight of 415 g- so not that much heavier that many other hubs out there- and beside- $$$$$ talks- Floyd knows he aint winning the tour- he will probably get more $$$ from power tap that he would win in the race

Jason

Dr. Doofus
07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
what bpm said

Too Tall
07-01-2005, 07:30 AM
That's cool. However hardly a first. Live data was available last yr. via a weblink to SRM data.