PDA

View Full Version : The simple things!

DavidR
07-12-2011, 09:48 PM
So a couple of weeks ago I had one of those perfect weekend rides because of what I consider the "simple things". Let me explain.

First to start out my dear wife bought me new tires for Christmas that I had been keeping until I thought they were needed. After a couple of rides with flat tires lately I decided it was time for the change out the tires. I know that it hadn't been that long but what I great ride and difference when you have two new tires.

The second "simple thing" even more rewarding was that I have been fighting some pretty painful rides with my shoes because of my continued bunion problems. I went to the LBS and tried on some new SIDI genius 5 pro carbon in a mega width. How simple. This solved the pain problem and I can't quit smiling.

These may seem dumb to many but man has it increased my happiness when I head out to ride these last couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading!

weisan
07-12-2011, 10:18 PM
David-pal, thanks for sharing. It's amazing how simple changes like these go a long way.

Louis
07-13-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey David,

That must mean that you're now ready again to ride out my way ;)

I don't know what it is, perhaps my BO (or my stinky gloves), but guys come out and do one ride, then I never see them again...

Louis

soulspinner
07-13-2011, 05:58 AM
So a couple of weeks ago I had one of those perfect weekend rides because of what I consider the "simple things". Let me explain.

First to start out my dear wife bought me new tires for Christmas that I had been keeping until I thought they were needed. After a couple of rides with flat tires lately I decided it was time for the change out the tires. I know that it hadn't been that long but what I great ride and difference when you have two new tires.

The second "simple thing" even more rewarding was that I have been fighting some pretty painful rides with my shoes because of my continued bunion problems. I went to the LBS and tried on some new SIDI genius 5 pro carbon in a mega width. How simple. This solved the pain problem and I can't quit smiling.

These may seem dumb to many but man has it increased my happiness when I head out to ride these last couple of weeks.

Thanks for reading!

Sidis rock for a lot of people, just cant bring myself to part with my current Sidis cause my feet are happy after neuromas and vists to foot docs.

soulspinner
07-13-2011, 06:01 AM

Thanks for reading!

Sidis rock for a lot of people, with orthotics my feet are happy, even though the foot doc said I need an operation( he wouldnt give me cortisone because it was too far gone).............that was over 5 years ago and counting.

AngryScientist
07-13-2011, 06:17 AM
good on ya! it's nice when the little things are all that's needed to liven up your day/weekend. sounds like you have a great wife too! :beer:

DavidR
07-13-2011, 06:57 AM
Hey David,

That must mean that you're now ready again to ride out my way ;)

I don't know what it is, perhaps my BO (or my stinky gloves), but guys come out and do one ride, then I never see them again...

Louis
Louis,

Everytime I ride pass your place I think to my self I would hate to climb your hill to go home. I don't know how you do it. This heat that we are experiencing lately has been no fun to be otside for anything.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Never "dumb" if it increases your happiness. I'm very familiar with how you feel, as I'm sure many here do.