PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Legend on ebay ending today question.

allenwhy
07-11-2011, 06:02 PM
Hi!

I would like to bid on this Serotta Legend Ti on ebay ebay link (http://cgi.ebay.com/56cm-Serotta-Legend-Ti-Moots-Litespeed-Titanium-/330585018914?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item4cf8671222)

Was wondering what people think this bike should be valued at? I ride a 1989 Merlin I love I got from this forum at a great deal but want something more modern-- press fit bb shell is very limiting!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks.

-allen

Don49
07-11-2011, 06:12 PM
I think the seller is a forumite.
http://forums.thepaceline.net/member.php?u=8411

allenwhy
07-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Aw bummer I missed his first for sale post. Sucks.... wonder what he was asking.

gone
07-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I think that's a damned fine looking frame and the F3 fork upgrade makes it even more attractive. Considering that:

The seller is a forumite.
There are no worries about rust.
He says he'll accept returns if the condition is not as he states.
A new one would sell for $5500

if it fits you, I'd go 'til you hear glass.....

palincss
07-11-2011, 06:33 PM
Bid what you think it's worth to you.

CaptStash
07-11-2011, 07:15 PM
I have a feeling the frame will go for upwards of $1,000. You might want to look at the two Ottrotts for sale on the bay as well. for some reason I can not fathom, they just don't go for a lot of money, which is ridiculous.

Take look at this: 56cm Ottrott (http://cgi.ebay.com/56-cm-Serotta-Ottrott-/250853289504?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item3a68056e20) with a buy it now of $1,300

and this 57cm Ottrott (http://cgi.ebay.com/Serotta-Ottrott-ST-Carbon-Titanium-F2-Fork-57cm-TT-/220802374298?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item3368d8da9a) with a buy it now of $1,100.

I have heard tell that those are great riding bikes, and since you already have a pure ti bike why not try one of them?

Just a thought.

CaptStash....

allenwhy
07-11-2011, 07:43 PM
True! He listed it three times so far and was looking for 1300 BIN at one point... So if I can get it for less than 1500 with shipping I think Id be stoked.

I don't really know much about ottorots... That is a good idea though, it'll justify having a 6th bike in the house and a 2nd new one in a month to my lady! :banana:

spamjoshua
07-11-2011, 08:07 PM
I paid $2k a year ago thinking that a big win; more than half off.

A close call at 50mph in a group, and other reasons, finds me training and riding mostly alone these days, and often off-road.

I am also making some life changes, in the name of simplicity, all with a strong minimalist leaning.

It was then that I offered this for sale, along with a couple of my other bikes. I do have more than I need, at least by my definition.

I spent some time seeking a "good home" rather than "minimal losses", but have only so much free time.

After a while, it went to ebay, where the auction was won by someone overseas. I had no intent of shipping/insuring/dealing_with_customs, and had posted it as "US only" shipping. (I dont care where the money comes from, just how the shipping is managed.)

I was then travelling for the better part of a month; offered it in response to a couple of WTB here; but again with no takers, I reposted it on the bay.

Its a stunning frameset, of a recent vintage, a spectacular tubeset, a beautiful fork, it climbs like a fighter jet (light and strong), and the welds are simply immaculate.

It is one of the very best handling bikes I have ever owned. The difference between it and a Concours are clear in a sprint.

I was at times too confident when riding it. Maybe I am just getting old. ;)

I will admit I was pretty stunned when it had no takers at a few hundred over the price of the fork and headset. The (down) market will decide what it will and I will move on to the next subject.

Cheers,
Joshua

allenwhy
07-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Thanks for posting. Wish I was more attentive. Beautiful bike and I hope I win! :cool:

spamjoshua
07-12-2011, 12:47 AM
I look forward to hearing from a happy new owner. :)

Joshua