PDA

View Full Version : proud owner of a Steve Rex

eddief
06-29-2005, 10:21 PM
For my job, I'm stuck in a hotel room here 9 miles south of Sacramento in Elk Grove, CA. Watching public television where I just saw a short feature on Steve Rex and his painter who is in Chico. It was cool to see Steve interviewed and to learn more about his annual charity ride. He invites all Rex owners to a charity ride (I guess he's made a lotta bikes over many years) so he can raise money to maintain the American River Bikeway. He is just such a low key, good guy, artisan. I was pride-struck to be an owner of one of his creations. Maybe a slightly different feel than ordering your bike through a middle person and never meeting the creator face to face.

Disclaimer: this is in no way meant to be anti-Serotta. Merely touched occasionally by the simpler, less complicated things going on in the world.

Smiley
06-30-2005, 06:33 AM
Eddie for my money , I think Steve makes some of the finest fillet brazed joints around . I tried to buy from him a couple of custom fillet steel stems , to no avail he was too busy . Hows the Kogs project coupler bike , are you done with that one now , pictures please . Thanks Smiley

Kirk Pacenti
06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
Steve is a great guy. We're even sorta related. His aunt was married to my grand-father They both passed away a few years back. I don't know what that makes us...but it's neat to have 2 framebuildes in one family tree!

Too Tall
06-30-2005, 11:51 AM
PBP was sick with his lovely machines. I really liked his family and as you say low key approach. Still waters...and all that.