PDA

View Full Version : Wildflowers out in force

sbparker31
07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Apologies in advance - I'm sure y'all are getting sick of my posting every ride, but I just had to share these pictures. The wildflowers were so amazing that I almost fell off my bike when I came to this meadow.

Ride: Government Trail -- from Snowmass to Aspen.

akelman
07-07-2011, 06:48 PM
My wife and I did part of our honeymoon in CO. It was around this time of year thirteen years ago. Anyway, one day we hiked to the top of Mt. Sneffels. We saw fields and fields of wildflowers that looked much like that. That day remains one of my fondest memories. Thanks for posting the pic.

oliver1850
07-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't think you'll hear anyone complain about you posting pics like those. Makes me want to get the ATX built and head west.

rePhil
07-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Very nice! I like wildflowers, and CO.

sbparker31
07-07-2011, 07:09 PM
My wife and I did part of our honeymoon in CO. It was around this time of year thirteen years ago. Anyway, one day we hiked to the top of Mt. Sneffels. We saw fields and fields of wildflowers that looked much like that. That day remains one of my fondest memories. Thanks for posting the pic.

What a coincidence. My wife and I did a honeymoon hike up Uncompahgre Peak. Not far from Sneffels as the crow flys.

thinpin
07-07-2011, 08:30 PM
No complaints here. Love late spring/summer in the mountains in any country. Great photos

Dekonick
07-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Aspen is a special place, despite the rich and famous. Thanks for the pictures!

sbparker31
07-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Aspen is a special place, despite the rich and famous. Thanks for the pictures!

Thankfully, most of the rich and famous stroll around town. 90% of the rides around here (mtn and road) begin with some pretty serious climbing at altitude so you don't tend to run into many folks that aren't fairly accomplished cyclists. I did however, run into a rich and famous accomplished cyclist recently (you can guess who) on a hiking trail. I was going up, he was coming down. . .