PDA

View Full Version : Canandaigua & Finger Lakes - anybody have the low down?

BURCH
06-29-2005, 10:08 AM
Dear all,

I am headed to Canandaigua for a week of relaxing, riding, and fishing...oh and wine drinking. Doing the research and figured I would look for some inside scoop from anybody who rides/lives in that area.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew of any good routes that I should look up on the map? Or any roads to stay away from due to dangerous road conditions.

Any websites or a bike club that I could contact/check out?

And any single track up there?

thanks in advance...

dbrk
06-29-2005, 10:27 AM
If you are a mountain biker call Mendon Cyclesmith: 585-624-2120 and ask the proprietor Mr Smith about local single track. He's the master and there is a new batch of excellent trails that are LEGAL in Victor (not far from Cdga).

As for road riding, you will be in paradise but you need to get outta' Dodge. Those of us who live here consider Canandaigua crowded though this is remedied in about ten minutes in any direction (but north). A ride around Canandaigua Lake is easy, there are more climbs than anyone might care to take in a single day within thirty minutes, and there are hundreds of miles of empty roads. In general head south or west of Canandaigua and get yourself a Finger Lakes map at any of the local stops.

I am unfortunately engaged until after the 4th of July with six days of a yoga retreat here in Bristol (southeast of Cdga just over Rt 32). If you would like a road ride in the surrounding Bristol hills come July 6th or 7th, please give me a ring at home (585-229-7414) or write to me at dbrk@frontiernet.net

dbrk

aka Douglas Brooks
Bristol, New York

BumbleBeeDave
06-29-2005, 10:37 AM
. . . He has, oh, 'bout, uuuh, 327 bikes! You gotta see it to believe it! :rolleyes: :eek:

BBDave

dirtdigger88
06-29-2005, 11:39 AM
If you go there and dont vist Mr Brooks- your trip will not be complete-

Jason

BURCH
06-29-2005, 01:17 PM
I am unfortunately engaged until after the 4th of July with six days of a yoga retreat here in Bristol (southeast of Cdga just over Rt 32). If you would like a road ride in the surrounding Bristol hills come July 6th or 7th, please give me a ring at home (585-229-7414) or write to me at dbrk@frontiernet.net

Wow, that is really nice of you. Thanks for the info and the offer. We rented a place for the first week of August (August 1 to the 7th). I will defiantely be in touch as you seem to be a VIP on this board!

hypnos
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Birch,

I'd be happy to go for a road ride and show you around the area. Send a PM if your interested.

Jeff

dirtdigger88
06-29-2005, 03:28 PM
Birch,

I'd be happy to go for a road ride and show you around the area. Send a PM if your interested.

Jeff

WARNING_ WARNING- Danger Will Robinson-

Only joking- but I will say Jeff is one stong dude- but a great guy as well

Jason

hypnos
06-29-2005, 03:37 PM
These rumors about my strength are greatly exagerated. :D