PDA

View Full Version : thinpin & weisan rock

sokyroadie
07-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I wont bore you with all the details - so the condensed version.

In early May, thinpin (a forum Aussie ;) )put a Pegoretti Luigino in my size up for sale - I immediately told him I would take it, realizing that shipping from Australia would likely cost more than the sell price of the Peg. (a fantastic deal).

He refused payment saying he would try to work on a cheaper shipping solution.

Enter weisan, who just so happens was travelling to Melbourne in June and kindly volunteered to bring the frame back with him.

He and thinpin jumped through hoops to get it packed small enough, but alas weisan had to use his charm and good looks :rolleyes: to get it on the flight without a $200 + surcharge.

Being the gentlemen that they are, both refused any additional compensation for their troubles.

The frameset arrived safely today so :banana: :banana:

My total shipping cost from Australia to Austin, KY was the USPS charge from St. Louis to my house - a whopping $15.00.

My deepest gratitude to two great forumites :beer:

Now I just have to decide on a painter and paint scheme.

Jeff

vqdriver
07-06-2011, 05:16 PM
excellent.

well beyond the call.

thwart
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Wow. That is a great story.

Weisan is a saint. Well, nearly... :D

firerescuefin
07-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome story :beer: ....don't tell Lifelover...this is a place where people only come to "spout their own opinions". :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see the pics.

binxnyrwarrsoul
07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Very cool. People like thinpin and weisan make this forum rule.

Marz
07-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Outstanding.

When I had an ebay seller send me a complete Pegoretti Marcelo, components and wheels, to Australia from Austin (Texas) your dollar was 62 cents to our dollar. He could only manage a shipping charge of, to me, $1000AUD!!!. I was committed, hadn't checked out shipping prior as I was excited to find a Marcelo in my size, 52, rare, and there were two that week in the US. In his defence the bike was professionally packed, but with shipping and our customs and taxes it cost a pretty penny, but still cheaper than ordering a frame from Dario and putting components on myself.

Great bike.

So once again, OUTSTANDING effort. Forumites are the best.

William
07-06-2011, 06:05 PM
This forum continues to prove that it's more then just another "bike" forum. Kudos to thinpin and Wesan-pal!! :beer:

William

AngryScientist
07-06-2011, 06:12 PM
strong work. keep up the good karma all. :hello:

tuscanyswe
07-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Great story idd. Great ppl on this forum!

Now where are the pics?

thinpin
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Jeff, I really hope you enjoy it. At the risk of sounding corny it was win, win, win. Win for you, win for the luigino which needs to be ridden and I got to meet and ride with Wei San :beer:
Marz, I use www.myus.com to ship stuff over. Much cheaper than dealing with UPS or Fedex direct and really reliable. Also means folks who are not keen to ship outside the US have an option.

sokyroadie
07-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Great story idd. Great ppl on this forum!

Now where are the pics?

Not until it is painted - at the moment it is bare steel.

Jeff

tuscanyswe
07-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Aha! Im not a huge fan of the pegs colour themes alltho some are great, i always thought that the paint was a big part of the lure. Whos painting it and whats the plan?

Marz
07-06-2011, 10:06 PM
Jeff, I really hope you enjoy it. At the risk of sounding corny it was win, win, win. Win for you, win for the luigino which needs to be ridden and I got to meet and ride with Wei San :beer:
Marz, I use www.myus.com to ship stuff over. Much cheaper than dealing with UPS or Fedex direct and really reliable. Also means folks who are not keen to ship outside the US have an option.

How do people find out about shipping alternatives if not for this network of afficionados.Would have saved heaps I bet.

Thanks thinpin.

avalonracing
07-06-2011, 10:58 PM
That is crazy-cool of the two of them to do that for you!
You know even though there were so many chances for something like that to go wrong (damage, customs issues, loss) they still were willing to deal with the potential hassles to hook you up.
Well done gentlemen! :beer: