PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or is the NBC TDF subscription terrible?

prolearts
07-05-2011, 02:16 PM
I can't get anything but either:
1) a super blurry picture, I mean I can't even read the time/distance remaining stat most of the time let alone ID riders.
2) constant freezing and glitching. This is on 2 different computers and 3 different networks both wired and wireless (the Radio Shack ads are always running just fine though).

It was great last year. I'm guessing some exciting new multimedia director had to come in and reinvent the wheel after selling the software rights to Microsoft Silverlight for $500,000 or something. REALLY frustrating, especially for $29.99 (and still being advertised at).

Anyone else have an experience either way?

Lovetoclimb
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
same gripes, I eventually just got fed up and stopped trying.

A1CKot
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM
I put it up on my 37 LCD and it's ok but for 30 bucks we should get hd. It was much better last year. Sigh...

forrestw
07-05-2011, 02:32 PM
I was super-pissed when I got email from NBC that heralded that they'd bought the versus coverage.

I've (apologies to climb01472) not had sh*te to do with any US media for years precisely because I've known OUS coverage of the tour, olympics etc are so much better and I won't invest my time in watching continuous effing commercials interspersed with occasional coverage.

I was happy to pay versus their subscription fee for their excellent coverage in the last couple of years and I'm saddened but not surprised to hear that what NBC is delivering is the cr*p I'd anticipated.