PDA

View Full Version : Small world (or, hi Akelman!)

cinema
07-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Just opened this weeks issue of The Nation that i subscribe to. The forum's resident Akelman (Ari Kelman) had a featured piece. Small world! The Hills are Alive is the name of the article, and it's a good piece. Congrats Ari!

akelman
07-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Thanks. I hope your move went well.

Louis
07-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Congratulations, Ari.

I'll have to check it out.

Louis

akelman
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks, Louis. I write for The Nation occasionally (in all honesty, I'm not especially proud of this piece as compared to some others I've done for them -- sigh) though not as often as I contribute to the Times Literary Supplement. The good news is that my essays for the former are usually accessible from the web. The bad news is that anything I've done for the latter is typically sequestered behind a frightening paywall. Anyway, thanks again!

buldogge
07-05-2011, 04:19 PM
Ari... Buck the system and post a .pdf somewhere for us to read (you know we're too cheap to subscribe! ;) )

Congrats...

-Mark in St. Louis

Thanks, Louis. I write for The Nation occasionally (in all honesty, I'm not especially proud of this piece as compared to some others I've done for them -- sigh) though not as often as I contribute to the Times Literary Supplement. The good news is that my essays for the former are usually accessible from the web. The bad news is that anything I've done for the latter is typically sequestered behind a frightening paywall. Anyway, thanks again!

wooly
07-05-2011, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see the article too, Ari. It's nice to have a "celebrity" around these parts!